⨳ 24

“Jennie?!! Let me see!”, Renjun snatched the paper from her shaky hands as he read off it with widening eyes

He shook his head, not wanting to believe it. “That's just cruel!”.

Yuzhuo was now in a full blown panic mode. “What do I do?!! Jennie's my friend and my roommate! Then there's Mark gege, he clearly likes her!”.

“W-wait what?”.

Everyone froze, slowly turning around to greet a shocked Jennie. “J-jennie-”.

“Does he really?!!”, she asks, almost impatient for an answer.

“I- Umm... that's not important!”, Yuzhuo raised her voice, her eyes watering as she pulled at her hair.

“I have to kill you...”.

The room went silent as Jennie's eyes widened, staring straight into Yuzhuo's teary ones.

She sighs, pulling out her slip of paper. “I know.”.

The two stood there for a while, Yuzhuo not wanting to face the outcome of this event she had been so excited for.

She really didn't want to murder one of her only friends.

“It's okay. Just knowing that my feelings were reciprocated is enough for me to rest in peace.”, she smiled warmly, her own eyes tearing up.

“Jennie.... you don't have to agree with this. I'm sure I can-”,

Yuzhuo nearly screamed her name out as Jennie pulled out her knife, holding it up to her throat. “I've been waiting for this. The day my nightmare finally ended.”, she whispered softly.

“Jennie! No! Stop this at once!”, Yuzhuo cried, attempting to approach the girl before Jeno and Jaemin held her back.

“Guys, this is completely unnecessary.”, Chenle rolled his eyes, stepping forward.

“Put your weapon down, Jennie. No one's slitting their own throat today.”.

Jennie looked between the knife and the student council president before slowly lowering her weapon.

“The only person who knows who each of the students' targets are is Mr. Lee.”, Chenle explains, crossing his arms.

“He never checks the results, so we can easily just kill another student and say that's your targets.”, he shrugs.