⨳ 17

⚠WARNING⚠: Mentions of Sexual assault are present in this chapter!!

WARNING⚠: Mentions of Sexual assault are present in this chapter!!

The door to their dorm room slammed opened as an annoyed Yuzhuo marched right inside.

Jennie raised a brow at her behaviour before glancing over at the clock. “Isn't it time for the bloody hours?”, she questions, earning a firm nod.

“I'm not participating. I've had enough with them.”, she snapped. Jennie let out a sigh, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

Ever since their little encounter with Yeonjun, some members wouldn't stop pestering her for an explanation.

Although they had him exactly where they wanted him, they needed a good enough reason to kill him or else they'd face consequences.

“Here, why don't you take a seat and we'll talk it out.”, she suggested.

Yuzhuo paused, giving Jennie a cold stare as the girl raised her hands above her head in surrender.

“Not about your traumatic backstory, but about why you feel like you can't trust them.”, she spoke softly.

Yuzhuo let out a small sigh before she joined Jennie on the couch, giving her a small smile.

“It's not that I don't trust them... I mean, Chenle already figured it out and I'm sure the others have their suspicions..”, she began.

“It's just.. talking about it triggers memories, it's like I'm living through it again and I hate it...”, she bit her lip, trying to suppress her emotions.

“I was only thirteen...”, she whispered.

“They're worried about you. If there's one thing I learned in my whole experience here, it's that the student council only cares about themselves.”.

“But they let you in. Not because you're Mark's sister, but because they've bonded with you. Just earlier, during class, Renjun and Haechan spoke fondly of you, praising you.”, she smiled.

“They care, and I know you care. So show it. Trust them. In order to let go is to come to terms with your suffering.”, she said.

“You were fine before he showed up again, you made peace with it, but his appearance ruined your efforts.”.

Yuzhuo was speechless. She got it, right on the dot.

Her eyes softened, gazing up at the older girl. “Thank you...”, she said with a small smile. “Of course.”.

“So,”, Chenle started as everyone stared intensely at Yuzhuo. “Why did you call for an emergency council meeting?”, he asked, trying not to show the deep-rooted concern for the girl.