part 13 -- tease

part 13 —- tease

part 13 —- tease

"What about this one?" Sora stepped into her daughters view while holding a teal dress that hung a coat hanger. She laid it over her body, peering down at it as she move side to side. "I haven't worn this one in years."

Hana couldn't help but cringe at the hideous dress. "I'm not big on the colour," she admitted, even though the colour wasn't the only problem with it. "Here,"

She slid off the bed and walked over to the closet. She pushed a few items of clothing to the the side until she found the one she was looking for— a simple black dress that would hug her mom's incredible figure.

"Oh, no, I couldn't. I don't even know why I packed that one in the first place," Sora said, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Why not?"

"It's too scandalous. It also makes my butt look big—"

"That's a good thing, mom," Hana smiled, now laying the dress on top of the bed. "Nowadays, guys go crazy over big butts."

"Not in my day they didn't. The flatter the better." Sora said, walking over to join her by the bed. She reached down to stretch the fabric out slightly, getting a better look at it.

"Well, what's Mikoto wearing?" Hana asked.

"I'm not sure yet." She sighed, bringing her hands up to rub her daughter's arms. "Are you sure you'll be alright if I go? We'll all be back before midnight and you have Itachi and Sasuke to help with Haru if need be—"

"Mom," Hana placed her hand over her mother's. "Of course I'll be fine. You need to go out every now and then. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you have to be boring. Besides, you might meet a lucky guy..."

"Definitely not." Sora nervously chuckled. "I have no time for men."

"You haven't had time for men since dad,"

"That's because you and Haru are my only focus. I won't start dating again until you are both married and have your own families."

Hana rolled her eyes. She hated when her mom said things like that. It always made her feel even more guilty. "Anyway, I better get dressed. Make sure Haru eats all his dinner and give him a glass of warm milk before bed."

Hana nodded, watching her mom disappear into the bathroom with the dress in one hand and her makeup bag in the other.

Itachi tilted his head back and lightly sniffed the air. "Sometimes burning," he simply said, and Hana immediately stood up from where she sat beside him and ran out of the living room, straight into the kitchen.

Smoke was seeping out of the oven, where she had placed a tray of frozen nuggets straight after the adults had all left. She had then accidentally fallen asleep for an hour, exhausted from volunteering all day, and woken up to Itachi turning the television on beside her.