part 21 -- blame me instead

part 21 —- blame me instead

Hana zipped her last bag shut before placing her swan plushie and the Sasuke look-alike teddy bear gently on top of it, ensuring she would not forget to bring them home with her. She tried not to be sad about having to leave, as the trip was going to end sooner or later, but she couldn't help but feel a heavy sadness in her heart as she looked around the room. The house had become a second home to her and she had created so many new fond memories, most of which involved Sasuke.

She decided to go and say a proper goodbye to him, seeing as she knew she would regret it if she never did. Sasuke hadn't spoken to her yet, since last night after their fight. Hana felt immense sadness for him. Throughout the night, she tossed and turned, unable to forget about the way he had looked. So incredibly defeated.

And after all he had tried to do for her.

Hana felt like a terrible person.

She noticed his bedroom door was slightly ajar. She peaked through the gap to see him hovering over his bed, placing items of clothing into a black duffel bag. Still, she knocked lightly against the door. He didn't look over towards her, as if he already knew that it was Hana.

"Sasuke? Can we talk?" she asked, her quiet voice almost missable from where he stood.

"There's nothing to talk about," he mumbled in response, shoving a pair of headphones into the bag.

"Sasuke, please," she almost whispered. She allowed herself to enter the room, keeping the door slightly open as it had been. She played with her fingers nervously as she stood a few feet away, watching his back. "I'm sorry about last night,"

She noticed his shoulders tense as he paused momentarily before returning to his folded clothes.

"I really did have an incredible time with you, and I can't thank you enough. It was one of the best nights of my life, if I'm being completely honest with you."

"You..." his voice came out extremely low yet, angry at the same time. It sent chills down her spine. "You can't just do that to me."

Hana blinked at him. "Do what?"

Sasuke finally looked at her over his shoulder, his eyes filled with hatred for the girl. She swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in her throat, her heart beginning to race. She could barely recognise him with this emotion. The pain in his eyes, desperation, a different kind of anger.

"You can't just," he turned to face her, his chest rising and falling rapidly, "you can't just fucking use me for some kind of sick bucket list."

Haha frowned at his words, now beginning to understand exactly what he meant. "You think I used you?" she repeated, shocked by his accusation. "You think I used you," she repeated, realising that half of that was true. In a way, she did use him and therefore, he had every right to be angry at her. "Because I wanted to have sex with you?"