Chapter 8 -You're Handsome-

The pull of one's strength can be determined by their control in temper, control of words and control of patience. People can become ferocious when they don't know what power they hold, what they can't control or contain. Instead, they'll bury it, pretend it's all under control and once they see its familiar aura in someone else, they will do whatever it takes to keep them down.
But when you're stuck in an ongoing war with yourself, how can you free this anger, this pain and turn it into power? Why does it feel so wrong and evil?
Is it because I'm using it on the people I love? Or is it because I can easily go on the wrong path if I choose to?

"Your turn." The elderly man raises a brow at me as I bite the bottom of my lip staring down at the last card I've got.

"Uno!" I say out loud and the pale guy groans throwing his remaining cards on the table. Looks like I'm gonna be evil this time.

"Oh shoot."

"I told you not to get so cocky on the last game." A mischievous smile rests on my face as I notice the scowl forming on this little devil.
In order to create a better statement for the school as well as my personal declaration of achievements, I was asked to gain work experience, a place where I can help out the community and everyone's wellbeing. I didn't know I was meant to apply until Jess asked me casually on one Thursday afternoon.
Let me replay that moment for you...

"You didn't think to tell me this before?!"

"I thought you knew!" Jess yells glaring back at a confused Lewis. She clicks his 'oh shit' moment and grabs him by the collar.

"You didn't tell her?"

"I forgot! I'm sorry!" He replies sheepishly.

"Is it mandatory?" I ask them both and they both nod.

"It's meant to get our university statements ready, this school has a big deal with work experience. And you can choose what you want to apply to, except... well, I don't know how many options are left for you now." Jess lifts her head up to the sky as she ponders for a moment.

"Last time I checked, there was only a single vacancy for a care home and, I think there was on a farm?"

"A farm?"

"Yeah." Lewis adds bringing out his phone. "I think it was a chicken farm."

"Well what are you guys doing?"

"I'm in a law firm and Lewis is in business corporate."
I close my eyes, already dreading the outcome of my application.

"I think I'll apply for the care home then."

"Are you sure? I hear they're really strict since it's one of those rich private care homes. And the residents there are kind of... obnoxious."

"Obnoxious?" I scoff waving my hand to them. I grab my old piece of homework and begin to fold it into a simple aeroplane design.

"If I can deal with Professor Abel then I can deal with anything." It's rather cold outside but not windy. I throw the paper plane above my head, hoping to aim for the bin.
But I watch in horror as the sudden wind drags it across the courtyard, past the bin and towards two teachers who are busy in a deep discussion.
It bops one of them on the head and Jess gasps jumping off from the bench.

"That did not just happen." Lewis mutters as we all watch patiently for the person to turn around-

"Shit." Jess says.

"Shit." Lewis follows.
The tall figure turns around, and I quickly look up at the sky, eyes closed waiting for him-

"Amaya Falke!" Professor Abel yells angrily. "Mind explaining this?"