Chapter 19 -Come Closer And I'll Take It Off-

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you think it will be if-"

"At least a twenty-"

"Just think about it though, Lewis. If I can just-"

"Forget about thinking, the whole bloody school saw you go up that tree! You are not doing that again. Do you have a death wish?"

"But what about the frisbee? We can't just leave it there!"

"We're gonna have to." Lewis looks down at his watch and shakes his head. "I've got football practice."

"Oh, right. Of course." I wrap my coat around me a little tighter, watching Lewis grab his bag from the floor. "I'm guessing Jess is at track?"

"Yep. Looks like it. You going home?"
I shrug my shoulders and step back onto the hard floor of the school building, sheltering my body underneath the large pillars.

"I don't really want to. But then again I haven't joined any extra curricular clubs."

"What about that archery one? You know, by the large courts? I'm sure with your aim you'd have a blast. They do tournaments and all."

"I dunno."

"Oh come on! You'd be great. And plus, it would give you something to do instead of moping at home." Lewis grabs my bag before I can say anything and takes my arm, pulling me towards the notice boards.

"Lewis! I'm perfectly capable of taking myself-"

"You wouldn't bother coming all this way if I told you where to sign up. I know you." He gives me one of his childish grins and I chuckle, surprised to see my friend so diligent. Lewis pulls out his phone to give a brief message to one of his friends while I take a look at the notice boards, noticing the invitation for archery. I then see a familiar name written on the bottom of the slip, the teacher in charge of the club.

"It looks like Mrs. Levine is the person I need to speak with to apply."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? I'll walk you to the teachers' workroom since it's the same way I need to go."

"Alright. My gaze rest up on the clear sky, although the seasons are changing and taking their sweet time, I feel as though it's going too fast. It's nearly February and things haven't really changed since the beginning of the term. Lewis and Jess are still strong as ever, even though Brigitta seems to want to dabble between them. The gardens are growing and my illustrations are getting better each time we learn about a new plant or herb. And Professor Abel seems to be a little more relaxed, I'm not sure why really but I guess it's because things aren't as hectic as before.
I hear sudden laughter and a bundle of students stroll out from one of the classrooms, Miss. Greene conversing in light conversation with them. She's only been here for two months and all the students adore her. And for a teacher to be well liked in this school must be because she is smart and beautiful. Her age being close with ours makes it even better and relatable to the students, especially with her little stories about her experience here in this school when she was a student. My mind tends to wander when she begins to talk, and sometimes I do feel guilty about it, but not entirely.

"Ah! Here we are!" Lewis points to the opening of the large doors, the sounds of computers and teachers talking makes me somewhat nervous and I bring a hand to the back of my neck, hoping that I can get this over a done with as soon as.

"Uh, thanks, Lewis. I guess I'll see you after the weekend then."

"No worries Falcon. If you do need me for anything I'll be in the courts."

"Thanks, oh and say hi to Jess for me."

"Will do, ma'am." He does a mock salute at me before jogging away with his gym bag towards the court gym and changing rooms. I hesitate for a moment of walk in hearing the voice of Miss. Greene, her laughter echoes through the halls.