Chapter 29 -His One And Only-

I find myself smiling as I walk out of the door. I'm currently 5 minutes lates to Mrs. Levine's class but Professor Abel has given me a slip which takes care of it. My hand subconsciously makes its way to the handkerchief tied in my hair and I smile even wider, looking down at the floor.
We kissed. And I loved every second of it.
I know there's no way we're going to be together but at least I had a chance to break down my walls and do something I've been wanting to do for so long. I make a turn on the corner towards Mrs. Levine's class and I hum to myself, feeling a little giddy.

"Looks like someone is happy." My feet halt in their steps. A shiver goes down my spine and my smile is long gone.

"Elias." I breathe, turning my body towards the guy leaning back against the wall. He's got his arms crossed against his torso, his brown hair sleeked back. He's wearing a light blue dress shirt and black trousers. If he wasn't wearing those white Ralph Lauren trainers I would've thought he worked here. Clearly the money has changed him. As much as I hate to say it he looks dashing, but when his brown eyes meet mine I know deep down he is still the same old psycho who's been controlling Fiona before the fire incident.
"You shouldn't be talking to me."

"You're right." Elias chuckles deeply and another cold shiver runs down my spine.
Others may find his laugh attractive but I find it terrifying. He only chuckles when he's got something up his sleeve.

"What do you want Elias?" My eyes make their way to the end of the corridor. Mrs. Levine's class is just there. If I make enough noise then she'll be able to-

"Her door is closed." Elias smirks as if reading my mind. I can't help but frown.

"If anyone sees you talking to me then-"

"Oh yes, yes. I've been warned. But are you really gonna do anything about it?"

"Yes I will." I hug my chest, wondering if I should yell out or hit the wall. "You don't scare me Elias. I can see through your bullshit."

"Why? You don't think I can change?" He grins at me I feel my heart race as he steps away from the wall.

"Psychos never change."

"Woah, now isn't that a bit too much? It would've been understandable if you were just another person but you're not, are you Amaya?" Elias chuckles again, this time a little louder. "I'm sure Professor Abel can vouch for that too."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You seem a little cosy with that Professor. I thought it was because he knew you were a student from a burned down school but now I know why. I mean, what kind of teacher goes all the way for a nobody like you?"

"W-what?" I'm suddenly reminded of the kiss but I'm sure no one saw it. We were in the storage room, no one has access to it besides Professor Abel. No one would have seen us.
No one knows.
No one.

"Professor Abel is just kind. Nothing else." My voice wavers slightly as he begins to make his way to me. I stand my ground, balling my hands into fists.

"Oh, he is kind alright. Kind enough to drop you off home, kind enough for you to keep a feline and also kind enough to kiss you. Aww, now isn't that so sweet?"
My eyes widen and I feel my lips part in shock. How the hell does he know we kissed? I step back and shake my head, confused at what's going on. I'm thankful that there's no doors open to hear this conversation but a part of me wishes Mrs. Levine could hear it. I could deal with the hate and the trouble I've caused but I can't let Professor Abel get into trouble. He's done so much for me already, I can't let anyone hurt him.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I say with gritted teeth. "You can keep spouting your lies but no one will believe-"

"Lies? Oh my dear Amaya, you are the one filled with lies."