Chapter 26 -My Type-

The lesson goes by smoothly. The students are paying attention this time, determined to do well in Hayes' class. Amaya, however, is seemingly distracted. One minute her hands are working on the illustration, the next minute she's scribbling it all out. She glares down at the iris in front of her, hoping that her mind will let her draw in peace but it's hard not to look away and focus on her teacher. Forget about the anatomy of a plant, Hayes' muscular frame is enough to keep her busy. He gets up, slowly making his way around the room, eyeing his students' work. He takes his time with this, ensuring that they are doing in correctly.

Amaya tries her best to concentrate as she makes a clear outline of the iris, it's pretty pastel colours allow her to create the deep shadows in her drawing. She tilts her head to one side, her eyes moving to the front of the classroom and she notices an empty seat. Brigitta hasn't turned up today either and she wonders where she could be. She never misses Hayes' lessons.

"Be careful how you approach that new line." Her head snaps to the figure just behind her and instantly her body stiffens, wondering what to do. Hayes leans forward, placing a hand on the desk and he gestures Amaya to give him the pencil. She obliges quietly and he begins to draw the smooth curves of the flower, the elegant strokes are effortless and it makes it all the more beautiful. Hayes is concentrating on the illustration whilst Amaya is concentrating on him. She stares at his sharp jawline and soft skin. Her heart is beating fast now and she looks closely at his muscles contracting underneath his shirt.

"Do you understand now?" He asks quietly and he turns his head to look down at his student. Amaya's cheeks redden realising she's been caught staring and she turns her head away, nodding. Hayes raises a brow noticing her flushed state and his heart beats a little faster. He shouldn't be thinking about her the way that he does because she is his student. It is forbidden. Yet, a part of him reels with excitement as he acknowledges Amaya's concentration was on him, not on the work. The corner of his lips curl but he stops himself from grinning like a fool. Hayes clears his throat and places Amaya's pencil down onto the desk, moving his body away from hers.

He goes back to his desk at the front and the class carries on peacefully for the next hour. Whilst the students are busy with their work, two hearts are beating fast and their discreet glances make it evermore difficult to resist the hidden feelings they hold dearly in their chest.

The bell rings signalling that it is time for our next class. I've got a free period so I'm in no rush to hurry out of here. Professor Abel gives us the nod and soon the quiet room is filled with rustles and chatters, the sounds of resources being packed echoes in my brain as I close my book.

"So, shall we head to the library? We need to finish those assignments ASAP." Jess comes into my view and I nod my head.

"Ugh, I keep forgetting we need to finish those things. They're an absolute horror." Lewis leans back onto one of the desks beside me, his head tilted to the side a little. Jess rolls her eyes and folds her arms in front of her.

"I hear you haven't done that much, my love. And trust me when I say that we'll be finishing at least 5 of them today."
Lewis' eyes widen in horror and he turns to me with a pleading look. I smirk, shrugging my shoulders and I grab my book in hand.

"I need to go to my locker before we go to the library. But I need to speak to Professor Abel first."

"Oh, yeah. The glasses. I remember." Lewis clicks his fingers at me and he gets up, moving towards Jess.

"We'll meet you by the lockers then, okay?"

"Okay." I watch as the two leave the classroom, placing their book in front of the table near Professor Abel's desk. The classroom is nearly empty, only one other student is left and I wait patiently as they stuff their resources into their bag. They leave eventually, and I begin to make my way to the front of the classroom. Professor Abel is sitting down, his eyes plastered to his laptop. I place my book onto the pile and slowly make my way to his desk. He looks really busy so I place the glasses on the edge of his desk, my eyes taking in his handsome features once more.
Gosh, get a grip.
He's your teacher. Nothing else.