Chapter 16 -No Physical Contact, Whatsoever-

I don't know if it's the sounds of the people around me or if it's just my heart beating so fast and hard, I'm afraid they can hear it.

"So... you're Augustus' son?" It sounds absolutely weird coming out of my mouth and I watch as Professor Abel's jaw clenches.

"Yes." My teacher answers surprisingly calm. "So this is where you volunteer."

"Uh, yes...sir."

...

"Okay, so hang on a second." Augustus gets up from his seat, standing beside Professor Abel and I can now instantly see the resemblance, except for the eyes.
He has his mother's eyes.

"Amaya... is your student?" He looks at me and then at Professor Abel. We both nod quietly and Gregory chuckles, shaking his head.

"Well, isn't that a coincidence." I place the blankets on an empty seat, now feeling as though my presence is making things awkward here.

"I should probably get on-"

"So you're a student at Willow Grove?" Augustus continues with a smile. "Gosh, what a coincidence indeed!" His smile suddenly falters as he looks down confused. "Then who is this Amy?"

"Amy! This is Amy!" I suddenly feel a small hand wrap around mine and my lips curl seeing the small child in front of me.

"Well look at you!" I can't help but cause my voice to be more feminine than it should. From the corner of my eye, I see Gregory, smiling wide. I kneel down in front of Jordan and he giggles happily. "You've certainly grown since the last time I saw you."

"So this is Amy as well?" Augustus asks his oldest son.

"Jordan can't pronounce her name right." I keep my eyes still on Jordan, ruffling his hair playfully. However, I can feel the strong stare coming directly from my teacher. "So he calls her Amy."

"And how does Jordan know Amaya?" Gregory asks and I stand up, now hoping to speak.

"I-I met the two in town, a coincidence of course." My eyes move to Gregory and then to Augustus. "And then sir introduced me to Jordan."

"There was a fight!" Jordan chimes in and Professor Abel clears his throat, bringing a hand to his mouth. "Amy was in a fight and Hayes got her-"

"Okay, okay, that's enough Jordan." I bring a hand to his mouth, forcing a smile. "You do really know when to speak." Gregory chuckles, slapping his thigh in amusement. Jordan laughs a little louder even though my hand is covering his mouth and I can't help but laugh too. I let go of him and he jumps up and down.

"Why don't we go and make some hot chocolate? Would you like that?"

"Yes! Yes!" Jordan grabs my hand with his, jumping up happily. I turn my gaze back to the two gentleman in front of me.

"Would you like any hot drinks?" Professor Abel shakes his head but Augustus nods enthusiastically.

"She makes a good cup of tea, this one." Gregory comments, pointing a finger at me. "Come on Hayes, have one. You look like you need it."

I rest my eyes back onto Professor Abel and he looks at me without expression. "I guess I'll have one. Thank you."

"Alright then, two teas and-"

"Three teas!" Gregory brings his hand up and I shake my head at him.

"I think it's best if you had a hot chocolate instead Gregory."

"Dammit." He slaps his lap playfully again. "And here I thought I could get away with another one. Alright then, a hot cocoa it is."

The three men watch as Amaya walks through another corridor, smiling down at a jumping Jordan, now speaking louder than before.