The Curtis'

Now it was Nancy's turn to have the convertible. I was sitting next to the window, Sadie was in the front seat arguing with Nancy, Jannette and Ben where having a loud conversation. I wasn't talking to anyone, so I was inspecting everyone's outfits.

I look to the left of me, Ben is wearing a pair of jeans, a dark blue shirt, and some dirty converse. His hair is just sitting there, no style or nothing, just there. Sitting next to him was little 16 year old Jan, my beautiful older sister. She was wearing a pair of Ben's jeans that fit her just right. A pretty, white shirt with lace at the neck, and a necklace with the letter 'J' on it. She was wearing a pair of saddle shoes she wore everywhere. A small part of her hair was pulled into a little ponytail, the rest laid on her shoulders. I thought it was beautiful. She also had to match her braces with her clothes no matter what. Then there was Sadie, beautiful but extravagant Sadie. Sadie was wearing a wine red dress with a white belt, which belonged to Nance. But I don't think she noticed. She also had her new pair of Mary janes on, she loved those things. Her hair was braided with the two front pieces of her hair then pulled back into a ponytail. Ben had to talk her out of wearing bright red lipstick, although it looked good on her. Nancy, don't tell anyone,but she's my favorite sibling, barley in front of Ben though.

Nancy and I had always been close for some reason. Nancy had beautiful golden brown hair and dark blue eyes that sparkle. She was wearing a blush pink dress with a creamy colored belt. She had on lipstick that was a shade darker than her natural color. I'm pretty sure she was wearing a pair of Mary janes daddy bought her for her birthday. She had her hair in a mid ponytail but with a white ribbon instead of a hair tie holding it. By the time I started listening to Nancy and Sadie's argument I realized they were arguing over the outfits and how one another copied. Those two never seemed to get along, but not the way Judd and Cider don't get along. It's like they're enemies. Sadie and Nance's fight were just stupid ones. If Judd and Cider fought, those got heated real quick. Derek would have to pull them apart. I was in my own world thinking about how I should've invited Jan to see Gone with the wind with me, she would've liked it then Nancy spoke above everyone's voices. "Almost there!" She said excitedly.

By Sadie's expression I think we had the same thought. "What kind of neighborhood is this?" It looked pretty beat up and poor. A lot of vacant lots and the houses were real small. "Hoods." Ben whispered to me in a very low tone. "I know." I said leaning towards him. I knew what he meant. Hoods lived in neighborhoods like this. The dangerous boys who think their tougher than anyone. The boys who have no sense of class, and we're never taught manners. I didn't wanna jump to conclusions, maybe the houses got better? Then I felt Nancy put the car in park. Derek was right about these East side boys. Poor and no good.
"This is it?" Sadie had a visible look of disgust on her face. "I know it ain't the prettiest you guys but just for me, please. I really like Darrel and"
"Ok!" Jannette exclaimed happily, cutting Nancy off and opening the door. Once we all got out I took a good look at the house all I could think about was : what about Paul? That sweet boy from the country club I don't see what was wrong with him. I doubt this guy goes to college.

I was leaning against the car when Sadie grabbed my arm "you think what I'm thinking kid?"
"You know it Sade." I didn't even had to ask her what she was talking about. Before we even got to the doorstep the door flew open. A handsome, tall, strong looking guy named Darrel opened the door.
"We got rid of most of  'em but Dallas and Johnny are still here" he said with a smirk and shoving himself to the side to let us in. What was he talking about? "Got rid" of what? People? Animals?

While Nancy lined us up into order I couldn't help but stare at her. Once I stopped I realized there were four good looking boys in front of me standing in a straight line, what a sight I thought to myself. Darrel sprinted behind them he touched the top of one's head. That was Sodapop, gosh that boy was good lookin' but he was 17, maybe Sadie could have him. Then again, Snobby, rich, little Sadie could never date a man without wealth. Then Ponyboy. Oh gosh Ponyboy was the most good lookin boy I ever seen. Even better looking than his two brothers. What was I thinkin? That's a greaser. But Nancy is with a greaser. and it don't hurt to think someone is attractive. Then Johnny, I was surprised when Darrel said his 16th birthday was a while ago. He was real small, and you could hardly see his eyes. He had real shaggy long hair. I wonder why he didn't just get a haircut. Then Dallas, like the city in Texas? I thought to myself staying silent the entire time. He had nice hair. I guess. He was almost as tall as Darrel and 17 years old. He seemed to be eyeing Sadie but I didn't say nothing. Then Darrel invited us to make ourselves comfortable and take a seat. It felt odd socializing with these people. And it seemed weird how Nancy was all close to Darrel. I mean I understand why, just look at him! But all these years she's been talking about Greasers horribly, for what? We all stayed silent 'till Nancy told us all to come eat.