Chapter 6: Missing

Shadow's P.O.V.

"Shadow! Shadow, wake up!" I heard someone calling me, but I felt so tired. I groaned.

"Not right now, Sonic..."

"I'm not Sonic! It's me, Tails!" I sat up, and rubbed my head. I looked around, and sure enough I was in Sonic's room. But where was he?

"Tails? What am I doing here?" I ask.

"I saw you outside. You were completely passed out, and you had two darts sticking out the back of your neck!" I rub my neck, and feel the spot where the darts used to be.

My memories from last night were slowly coming back. Before I realize what I'm doing, I'm pouncing off the bed, and out the front door.

"Sonic? Sonic?!" I yell out his name, desperately awaiting a reply that I know will not come. Tails follows me by flying, and I grip his shoulders.

"Call all your friends. Someone has him.... don't just stand there hurry up!" I yell. He jumps, and starts to dial Sonic's hero team. I'm still looking when I see droplets, small drops of blood leading to the woods. I move closer, and sniff. It's his. He must've hurt himself running.

Wait, if I was shot with darts then that person must have used the same thing on him. He cut himself on purpose before they could take him so I could find him. That's my husband, all right.

I feel calmer now that I know I can find him, but who knows how long it'll take to rescue him? To think of all the endless torture that person could be putting him through right now. I try to push the thoughts away for now, and focus on Sonic's rescue team. I call Rouge on my phone, and think about calling Mephiles so he can help.

I'm sure he'll go if Silver goes.

"Okay, let's meet up at my place. Get there as soon as you can!" Tails said. He ends the call and looks at me.

"I've called them all. They'll be at my house soon." He says. I nod.

"Good, because Sonic has already done the hardest part for us." I say. I start walking back to Tails house. Tails starts to slightly jog as he tries to keep up with my pace.

"What makes you say that?" He ask. I remember the blood trail, and I'm suddenly fueled with anger. Who ever made Sonic hurt himself would pay.

"He's led us right to where he is. You have a great brother." I soften my glare, and smile at Tails. He smiled back.

"Well yeah! He's really the best. That's why I hope we can find him in time before anything bad happens to him." Tails sighs.

I nod in agreement, and we silently walk back.

Sonic's P.O.V.

The first thing I feel when I wake is pain. I'm too sore to move, but I can open my eyes. I do just that, and start to look around. I'm in a white room, and my body has been placed on a metal table. The only thing I can remember is Shadow getting shot by the darts.

Shadow!

I try to get up, but it's too painful. What exactly were those darts? I hear a door open, and shut my eyes in an attempt to fool whoever came in that I'm still asleep. Then, I hear Eggman's cackling laugh.

"Oh, to finally have that blue rodent in my grasp. He's taking to long, wake him up." He says in a demanding voice. Someone is walking towards me, and I can feel myself begin to sweat. They grab me by my neck, and throw me across the room. I yell in pain, and sit up as I hold my arm that took most of the impact.

"There we go.. bring him to the experiment room." Eggman waves towards metal, and he grabs me by the scruff of my neck. I try to kick him away, but he's much stronger than our last encounter. I guess Eggman has been busy.