Chapter 7: I Trust You

3rd Person P.O.V.

Shadow walks back downstairs, joining the ground once again. He looks around the room. Tears are streaming down their faces. Before he can ask, his own communicator chimes. He clicks it, and the first thing he sees is the Eggman's logo.

A video begins to play, and his eyes go wide. It was Sonic, screaming in pain and fastened to a metal table. Shadow watched in horror as Sonic continued to call out his name in pain. His eyes fill with tears, and he growl. He rips the communicator off his wrist and throws it against the wall.

The other finally look up as they hear what's left of the communicator crumble to the ground. Amy pulls Shadow into a tight hug, and the others soon join.

"I'm so sorry, Shadow." Amy cries. Shadow's fist are clenched, and hot tears continued to stream down his face during in the embrace. He shrugs them all of, and walks over

to the planner set on the table.

"Call the commander. Tell him there's been a new mission." Shadow says, and Rouge hesitantly makes the call.

"... What's the new mission..?" She asks. Shadow's fist clenched tighter, digging into his palms. He keeps his eyes turned the table as he speaks through gritted teeth.

"Rescue Sonic, and KILL Eggman at all cost." His body faintly glows in a red aura, and a raging fire of revenge burns in his eyes.

...

(With Sonic)

"That's enough. You're going to break his mind too soon if you continue." Fleetway glares at Eggman, his eyes full of hatred for the crazed scientist. Eggman begrudgingly waves a hand towards Metal.

"You heard him. We can't have him breaking too soon." He grunts, turning away, and Metal unlocks the restraints on Sonic. Sonic's eyes were puffy, and his eyes had lost their usually bright glow. He didn't bother to fight back as Metal picked him up by the scruff and threw him into the previous room.

He simply laid on the floor in pain, and closed his eyes. He feared if he slept, the nightmares would come. At the same time, he wished he could simply close his eyes, and never wake up again. But, he couldn't give up. Not just yet.

He titled his head down, and looks at the ring Shadow had given him. A small smile appeared on his face, and he brings the ring up to his mouth. He places a gentle kiss on the ring, and feels comfort and warmth rush through his body.

"I'll be waiting for you, as long as it takes.." Sonic whispers, and curls into himself as he falls asleep, the only tear he had left to cry slipped from his eyes, down his cheek, and onto the ring. What he didn't hear, in the solitude of the room, was the explosion outside and the way the walls shook and cracked.

————————————————————————

(Sup guys. Guess who's back? 😏 Also, sorry for the short chapter, I want the buildup to beginn lol. Plus I didn't wanna keep y'all waiting any longer :] )