Part 1

In a wonderful, busy metropolis full of different elements, there was a beautiful place named Element City. In the city, there were four different elements. Air, fire, water and earth. They each were different elements with different abilities. But they all lived by one simple rule. The one and only rule in this world was that elements don't mix.

You would have to have a romantic relationship with a resident who was the same element you were.

In this city of elements lived a fiery young woman named Ember Lumen. She was 22 and she lost her temper quite often. She lived in Fire Town with her parents, who were Bernie Lumen and Cinder Lumen.

Ember deeply loved her family and she had a better connection with her dad as she used to help him with deliveries when she was little but that was 19 years ago. A lot had passed since then.

A few hours after Bernie and Cinder had found a home, Ember was born that very day. Since then, she always lost her temper but was cheeky, as well as hardworking. She was always with her dad, helping around the shop and helping out with deliveries around fire town.

A few days ago, Ember was at the shop counter for the red dot sale, that was happening that day. She was taking over, while her father slept in. But then all of a sudden, lots of other fire residents started to complain about things that were in the shop.

This made Ember turn purple as she got hotter. "Take breath, make connection! I'll be right back to help! Mmmmmf!" She said, covering her mouth with her hands.

She quickly ran to the basement. "Aaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh!!" She screamed. Her temper made some fire that went everywhere. Ember gasped in sadness. She hadn't wanted to lose her temper, but now, here she was, in the basement, where nobody could bother her.

Ember suddenly noticed the pipes shaking. Even the residents in the shop could see it and they were gazing up at the roof in confusion.

The pipes burst, making water go everywhere. Ember hopped onto a cushion to protect herself. She then tried to fix the pipes with her glassmaking ability.

That's when she heard someone scream as he came out of one of the pipes. "Aaaaarrrghh!" They yelped. Ember didn't notice that she wasn't the only one in the basement. There was another person. A stranger. Someone who she hadn't ever seen before or even met.

Ember looked at the water surrounding her and she heard someone sobbing loudly...

"Waaaaaa!!" They cried loudly.

Ember could finally see who this mysterious person was. He was a water resident named Wade and he was an emotional, hopeless-romantic 24-year-old resident who also happened to be the city inspector of the city.

"Is this your family?" He asked Ember. Ember kept quiet and she looked at him with confusion.

Suddenly, Wade started sobbing quietly again as he pointed to a picture. As soon as he saw that it was Ember's 2nd birthday on the picture, he gasped and wailing, he said, "It's your birthday!!" He wailed louder as Ember ducked quickly, so she wouldn't get water on her by accident.

After a while, Wade ran away from Ember and Ember began to run after Wade. Her father peeked out of the window in confusion, looking worried.

Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote on each chapter.