Part 14

(WARNING! A VERY SAD PART OF THE STORY! IT MIGHT MAKE YOU CRY!)

After the disaster that had happened back at her home, Ember drove on her motorcycle to be alone for a while. She sat on a bench. She felt upset and overwhelmed by the shop.

"Why can't I just be a good daughter?" She cried in sadness. She held her glass orb in her hand and then went to throw it. But then she stopped herself and looked down at her reflection on the glass orb.

Suddenly the sealed glass that Ember had made to hold back overflow water had just got broken. A huge gust of water started to flow around Element City. Ember heard the noise nearby and quickly hopped back on her motorcycle. She drove back to her home.

Meanwhile, Wade was getting ready to leave. But then he saw that Ember was in trouble and went to help.

When Ember saw her mother and father, she immediately saw the blue flame in the shop. "Mum! Dad!" She shouted to them."Water!"

They just ignored her. Ember suddenly noticed the blue flame. She hopped over to the shop to save it.

All of a sudden there was a muffled voice. "Ember!" It said. "Wade?" Ember said, looking confused. "Ember!" The voice spoke. "Keyhole!"

Ember knew the voice. It was Wade.

Ember quickly let Wade into the shop.

"I was hoping to make a more heroic entrance," Wade grinned. "Wade! You came back! After everything I said!" Ember cried in joy. "And miss all this?" Wade smiled.

Ember suddenly noticed some water had entered the shop and was heading straight for the blue flame, so she hurriedly ran over before the water came over. Wade leaned against the door so that the water wouldn't get inside.

A few minutes later, Ember had managed to block the water. Wade was still holding the door shut, but a huge gust of water started to flow rapidly towards the shop, making it harder for Wade.

"Ember! We have to go! We have to go now! " Wade cried out in sadness. I'm sorry to say this, but the shop is done!"

"No! My father put his whole life into this place! I'm not going anywhere!" Ember exclaimed in panic.

A few minutes later, the two of them became trapped in a room. Steam started to surround Wade. This wasn't good. Wade looked at his hand, then at the ceiling. "It's too hot in here," He said.

"Climb!" Ember quickly told him.

The two began to climb up the roof, but by doing so, they fell. The roof got blocked, which meant there was no way out. They were stuck. Ember looked at Wade with a worried look on her face, then started to save Wade. "No, don't! The water will swoop in and you'll be washed out." Wade said, warning her. "It's okay,"

"No!" Ember replied. "It's not okay!" A strong feeling of worriedness and panic washed over her. She stopped herself and looked at Wade again.

"Ember," Wade confronted her. "I have no regrets. You gave me something that I wanted," Wade was now fading away, due to the heat in the area he was in.

"But I can't live in a world without you," Ember answered back, crying. Tears streamed down her face. Wade grabbed hold of Ember's hand. Ember was still sobbing. "I know I didn't say it before, but...." She said with sadness.

"I love you, Wade Ripple,"

Wade was nearly about to evaporate, so he pulled Ember into a big hug and smiled. Wade had now evaporated into the air. Ember was very miserable.

A few minutes after Wade had evaporated, Ember's parents found her.
But when they saw Ember's expression, their expressions turned sad.

"Wade is gone," Ember told them, sniffling.

"Oh, Ember," Ember's mother said in despair.

A few minutes after that, Ember started crying. But suddenly there was a noise nearby that sounded like a sob.

Ember walked over to the hearth, where the blue flame was kept. She remembered the time she and Wade had played the crying game together and then she and her family started to say things to make Wade cry and drip back into his normal form. Ember's dad said that Wade was no longer banned from the shop. This worked.

Wade was back, thanks to Ember and her parents.

Ember quickly ran over to Wade feeling ecstatic and relieved. She hugged Wade, but then the two looked each other in the eyes.

Then all of a sudden they did something they'd never done before...

Ember pulled Wade into a kiss and Wade lifted Ember to his height. The two of them spun around, still kissing. Ember's mother looked very happy for her daughter, but Ember's dad looked away, feeling embarrassed. Ember and Wade pulled away from each other. They hugged again, feeling delighted.

Everything was finally good again.