Part 8

At the beach, Ember is busy making more sandbags. She is holding a shovel and is currently digging sand to put into the sandbag.

"I don't think this is going to work," Wade said, holding the sandbag for Ember to put the sand into. Ember started to get frustrated by how long they were taking and the amount of sandbags they had just finished doing.

"Well, it won't unless you hold the bag straight!" Ember moaned. Wade could see that she was tired of doing such a very tedious activity. Ember kept throwing sand into the sandbag.

"Can't you just tell your dad what you feel? I'm sure he will understand what's going on," Wade confronted her.

"Yeah, and tell him what? That I'm a bad daughter and I'm going to close the shop down?! Urgh!" Ember replied, suddenly turning purple with frustration. Flames exploded in the air.

Ember stopped shovelling. She sat down on the sand. Wade could understand what Ember was feeling: Sadness and Love.

"I think I'm failing," Ember told Wade with a sigh. "All I wanted to do was to take over the shop. No, how can I say that? I just want to be a good daughter to my father. It's just not what it seems like anymore,"

Ember's fire suddenly started to fade away and Ember began to shrink. This meant that she was sad.

Ember started to cry quietly.

Wade suddenly felt intrigued by Ember's story.

Ember looked down at herself. "I'm a mess," she sighed. Wade looked at her.

"No, I think you look even more beautiful," He told Ember.

Suddenly Ember stopped fading and shrinking. She glowed brighter. This meant that she was blushing. She glanced up at Wade, who smiled at her.

Suddenly Wade noticed that the sand had melted.

"Ember, look what your fire did to the sand! It's glass!" He gasped. He pointed to the ground.

Ember held some sand in her hand. She began to make a glass orb out of it. When she was done, Wade thought it looked like a vivisteria flower.

That's when Ember knew how to fix the doors, where she had put the other sandbags.

Wade and Ember began to walk back to the area.

"You might want to step back!" Ember told Wade. So Wade quickly stepped back and then Ember suddenly turned purple again. She began to make glass and eventually, she sealed the doors.

Wade started crying, but he was smiling. Ember stared at him.

"Are you crying?" Ember asked Wade with a grin.

"Yes, I've just never been punched in the face with such beauty before!" Wade replied, tears streaming down his face.

Ember laughed.

Suddenly, a boat came across the ocean. It splashed water onto the doors. Ember and Wade began watching as the water thunder against the door.

Ember and Wade thought it wouldn't hold. But it did. The city was safe and so was the fireplace. Ember was glad.

"Yes! We did it! She smiled.

"we should call Gale and tell her about the glass!" Wade told Ember.

"I don't know," Wade replied.
He began to think. "It's hard to know, she could go either way,"

A few minutes later, Wade handed Ember the glass orb. Ember looked at it and then at Wade.

A huge smile spread across her face. She liked hanging out with him and he liked hanging out with her...