Part 2

Ember and Wade were in an office room. There, they met an Earth resident named Fern Grouchwood and he was sitting at a desk. He told them that Ember's shop would be closed down in a week because he got burned by Ember's fiery temper. Ember was devastated by this and Wade apologised for what had happened.

Ember hopped on her motorcycle and she went back to the fireplace, which was her home and the shop. When she saw the closed sign on the shop door, she gasped. "Closed?! Already?!" She said with horror. Ember's father was in the basement with Ember's mum, Cinder, who was fixing the pipes.

Ember's dad started coughing and he nearly fell over. He sighed. "Ashfa!" Ember said with a gasp. She quickly ran over and caught him in her arms. "Ashfa, you need to rest," Ember told him with a warm smile. She looked at her sad mum.

Her dad started to frown as he did the same thing. Then he stopped and told her about why they had come to Element City. "We had nothing left of it," Bernie explained to his daughter, who was listening closely. "The storm took our home, our whole house." Ember was amazed and shocked. "Oh my goodness, you must've been scared about that Ashfa," She replied with a worried look. She felt worried about what would happen to her family's future.

Ember felt upset and disappointed as she went back to what she was doing. She didn't like to see her parents feeling like this, but there wasn't much she could do. She went back to Element City on her motorbike.

She hoped for a better future for her family. Even herself, too, but how could she make her life better? She was born with it. The temper...

She couldn't do anything about this whatsoever.

Or could she?

Please vote, comment, and read the book to find out what happens next...