Chapter 14

(A/N: This chapter is one of my favourites. Hope you enjoy. XxD.)

****************************************************************

Will watched as Cora opened the door and breathed in a musty smell that to her, was home. "Oh, how I've missed ye," she said as she marched in and went about lighting some candles.

"What is it that you want from me?" Will wondered as the room grew brighter with the sunlight streaming through her window.

"Why is it always about wanting something?" she huffed.

"Because you always want something. Everyone always wants something."

"Well right now, I want you to shut the door," she said as she walked over to her dresser, and he did so. And then he turned around in time to see her tugging her sopping wet tunic off and letting it slop onto the floor, her torso only clad in a soaking cloth around her breasts.

"Ah! Um, ah, a warning would be nice!" Will exclaimed as he turned back towards the door.

"Oh please. Ye act as if I'm a prude and as if you have ne'er seen a woman without her clothes on," she said nonchalantly as she tugged off her boots and her pants and put a fresh pair of leggings on.

"Well, I..I, I confess I haven't," Will said nervously and Cora huffed a laugh as she went digging for a tunic.

"That is both chivalrous and pathetic," she remarked.

"Pathetic? How so?"

"I'd rather ask ye a different question," Cora said as she turned to look at his back. "Do you want to turn around?"

She could hear the lump get stuck in his throat.

"W-what?"

She began stalking towards him as she said slowly, "Do you want to turn around?"

"I-I.."

"Turn around, Will Turner."

"But-"

"Turn. Around."

And Will turned, his face flushed as Cora stood with her hands on her hips, her hair in beachy waves over her shoulder. His eyes were shameless as they ran her up and down, the scars on her stomach, the way the cloth hugged her chest, and her leggings outlined her legs and sat low on her hips.

"See?" she said with a smirk. "Nothing bad happened," she said as she moved back over to her dresser and pulled a black tunic over her head.

"Those scars. How did you -"

"I'm a pirate," she said as she pulled her hair out from under the shirt. "Of course, I'm covered in scars. Some from me crew. Some from me enemies. Some even from me Father."

"Your father?"

"He wanted to make sure I could protect myself. Now," she said as she spun to face him. "How about ye tell me exactly what happened with you and Elizabeth, and I might tell ye want I know of Davy Jones?"

"Why do you care about me and Elizabeth?" Will questioned and she shrugged.

"Call it curiosity. I want to know if ye helping kill me father was worth it."

"Cora, about Barbossa -"

"Spare me yer pitiful apologies. Speak," she ordered as she moved to sit on her bed which was still messy and unmade from the last time she was there.

"If you must know," Will conceded and he didn't know why. "Elizabeth and I are not together. We never were and I have no desire ever to be."

Her head tilted to the side as she analysed him. "Why?"