number eight

The following morning, I felt someone shake me, causing me to wake up.

"Wake up, pookie," said Claire, who was hovering over me.

She was fully dressed and in her library uniform, and seemed to have already gotten ready.

"Morning!!" I responded as I quickly got up and started to stretch.

After she seeing that I woke up, she walked over to the cage which contained her big large voluminous juicy humongous ginormous voluptuous guinea pig.

With her permission, I walked into her restroom, showered, brushed my teeth, and changed into my uniform, also.

"Wanna get some boba before work?" Claire suggested, directing her attention to me, seeing I was done.

"Yeah, sure!" I replied.

She got up and grabbed her tote bag which contained her personal belongings.

Claire opened the door and gestured me to follow her.

The both of us headed out of her apartment and started walking down the street to the boba shop.

We entered the shop and ordered Oreo milk teas.

Claire and I happily paid for our drinks and headed off to work together. (We work at a Barnes & Noble, by the way.)

We settle in at work. I sit at the cash register and Claire sits at the assistance desk. I missed the feeling of the cooling air conditioning of the place and the smell of all of the books. The day seems to go by like any other, however, I do get a few weird glances from other coworkers since I had been gone for so long. It's fine, though, since I'm not really on bad terms with them.

I help customers check out and buy things. I also stack up disarranged books, per usual.

Once Claire and I got on break, we headed to the employees only lounge room and sat down on the sofa that was in there.

I checked my Gmail and saw an email from Domino's.

They had approved my application! The interview was going to be that night. I was going to be working there with two other people. The first was going to be in charge of taking orders and managing cash, the second was going to be making the pizzas, and my task was also making pizzas. The thing is, I was also going to be the delivery guy on top of making pizzas, which I don't mind because I'm HOMELESS AND STAYING AT A FRIENDS HOUSE, SO I REALLY NEED THE MONEY.

"Claire, look! I got the job at Domino's," I told her, holding my phone up to her face so she could see.

"Omg!! That's awesome!!" she exclaimed.

We continued to scroll through our phones until break was over.

Eventually, we worked until the clock reached nine and we left.

I waited for Claire to lock up the store. Once she did, we went our separate ways.

"Bye, Claire! Remember to let me in once I'm done with my night shift at Domino's!" I said, waving to her as I walked away.

She nodded and gave a thumbs up as she began to walk to her apartment.

Soon enough, I arrived at the Domino's location and walked in.
There was the enticing aroma of freshly baked pizza in the air.

"Hello! I'm here for the night shift..?" I stated, whipping my phone out and showing the cashier my application.

He looks up.
"Oh! You must be Kaleb! Nice to meet you!" the handsome, demon emoji colored demon said to me.