number twelve

My eyes flutter open, and I see that Asmodeus is no longer laying down beside me.

I crack my neck and sit up.

It's like, 6 in the morning.

Looking behind me, I can see Az in the kitchen making pancakes.

He catches me staring at him.

"Kaleb, you're awake! I was just making breakfast for us!"
He smiles at me and relocates the pancakes on the pan to shiny, white plates.

"Pancakes, my favorite!"

I walk over to the kitchen table and take a seat on one of the stools he has.

Az sets a plate of pancakes in front of both me and him.

"Do you want any syrup?" he asks, looking at me with compassionate eyes.

"Yeah," I reply, looking at him the same way.

He squirts the hazel-colored maple syrup onto both of our pancakes and hands me a fork.

"Dig in!"
He tilts his plate upward, and all of the pancakes slide into his mouth perfectly.
He chews it all, unfazed.

I snicker a bit, and take a bite of the pancakes he made which are like biting into a cloud.

He watches intently (not in a creepy way) as I eat it up.

I tear off the last piece of my pancake and chew it with delight, swallowing it down afterwards.

I look over at Asmodeus, who is smiling widely.

"Sooo, how were they?" he asks eagerly.

"Dude," I wipe my mouth with a napkin.
"Those pancakes were absolutely buhurginurgin. Like, they were spectacular. Ten out of ten."

"Haha. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to make 'em for you more often."

"Thank you."

I hop off of the stool and grab my tote bag from the coat-hanger near his door.

"Leaving so soon?" he asks, leaning on the doorframe charismatically.

"Yeah, sorry, today's actually a pretty busy day for me, but I promise I'll be back soon! I'll probably make a stop at the gym once the library closes up, sooo yeah."

He nods in understanding.
"Okay, then. I'm actually taking a rest from the gym today, there isn't much going on and I just need a break."

I smile gently.
"That's fine. I'll send you a text or something."

Az smiles back.
"Alrighty then."

I place my hand on the doorknob and exit his house.

"Bye, babe!"
I wave at him while walking away from his home.

"Bye!"
He says, waving back in a flirty way.

I magically teleport away to Claire's apartment to change and stuff in a really casual way.

'Knock knock knock,' I go on her door, waiting for her to open it.

She opens the door deviously.

"Where have YOU been?" she asks me interrogatively.

I welcome myself in her apartment, and from the door I can already see her big, fat ,colossal, giant, humongous, ginormous, pot-belly, beluga, horizontally-tall, wide, massive, extremely, large, morbidly obese, enormous, gigantic, tremendous, monumental, stupendous, bulky, weighty, substantial, vast, cosmic, extensive, jumbo, hulking, whopping, Brobdingnagian, monstrous, mountainous, king-sized, towering, gargantuan, thumping, mega Guinea pig.