number eleven

***Flashback***

In science class, I doodle silently in my notebook as the most well-known student in the school sits next to me.

Well... he didn't choose to. The seat beside me was the only one left open.

Asmodeus, head of the athletics club, glances at my stupid drawing of myself.

"Wow, Kaleb. That's really good."

"Oh, thanks."

...

He didn't talk to me for the rest of the year except for when it was a shoulder partner assignment. What a jerk.

***End of flashback***

I make my way to the Charcoal Cafe which is only a few blocks away from the library.

While walking down the sidewalk, I take a moment to appreciate the scenery and take a big whiff of the warm air.

Several minutes later, I arrive at said cafe.

Standing near the entrance is Asmodeus, wearing a breathable, pale green shirt and is texting on his phone.

He catches me walking up to him from the corner of his eye and quickly stuffs his phone in his back pocket.

"Heyyy!! Kalebbb!!!" he greets with open arms.

"Az!!" I walk over to him and he traps me in a big, warm, bear hug.

His embrace lasts a couple of seconds, and he lets go.

"Thanks for being here... babe?" He chuckles. "D'you mind if I call you that?"

I smile at his laughter. "No, I don't mind at all."
I give him a small peck on the cheek.
"Let's get going."

We hold hands and begin to walk down the sidewalk happily, passing by every store.

...

"Sooo... Did'ya work at the gym today?" I ask him.

His eyes light up. "Yeah. I had a training sesh with Barney, the human. Have I told you he has a wrestling match in 2 weeks?"

"I think so... How'd you meet Barney, anyway? I don't think I ever asked."

"Well, he just came to the gym using this magical elevator. I didn't know he was a human since he was wearing a lizard-man disguise the first time he came."
Az chuckles.

"Oh, cool! How long has he been into wrestling?"

"Since he was a kid. He's never been any leagues or anything, though."

"Woah. That's crazy. How long've you known him?"

"I met him several months before being reunited with you." Az snaps his fingers as an idea seems to pop into his head. "Hey! I should introduce you two to eachother sometime! I think you two would click instantly! You remind me of him."

Az smiles at me, his cheeks rosy.

"Awh. He seems nice, based on how you speak of him."

Asmodeus nods.

We both continue to walk, the sun starting to set ahead of us.

Az raises his head and eyeballs the horizon.

"Wow. The sunset, is beautiful, isn't it?" he asks, the vibrant colors of the sky reflecting on his eyes.

"Totes!! Hey, also..." I pause, "Y'know when I said I worked at Domino's for fun? I lied. I work there because of all the money and time I spent on those wrestling lessons at this place in preparation for that one tryout, so I'm trying to get my own place back. That's also why I came out of the same apartment as Claire the other day."