number thirteen

ABOUT 2 MONTHS LATER...

Things between be and Az have been better than ever. Our relationship is thriving, even!

Have we slept together? Yeah!!

The gifts he gave me have not gone to waste, and I appreciate them dearly. Over the past month, we've been going on a bunch of dates: movie dates, cooking dates, stargazing dates, baking dates, restaurant dates, etc.

We bombard eachother with affection, and our love is mutual. In fact, I'm working on a painted portrait of him to express my undying love!!

I've even grown closer to his friends, and I've heard that Barney, the human, has an upcoming wrestling match in 2 weeks! He and Logan are extremely friendly.

***

The morning sun beams through my window; I lay beside Asmodeus in my bed, our chests bare.

He stares at the ceiling with a blank face.

"... Morning, babe," I greet, "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine," Az says dully.

Before I can say anything else to him, he rises from my bed and slips into a pair of clothes from the floor.

"Oh, where're you going?" I ask curiously.

"I have to meet up at the gym with Barney because he wants to train for his upcoming match and stuff. It's probably gonna be like that for the rest of the week, so sorry in advance if I don't message or come over."
He walks over to me and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh, that's okay. Have fun!"

He smiles at me and walks out of my apartment.

I sit there for a bit, shirtless and alone. I can spend a week without Az. Just because we're dating doesn't mean we have to be obsessed with eachother, haha!!

...Then I jump out of bed, energized, refreshed, and ready to start a new day!!

'9:32 am' the clock says.

Merrily, I walk to Barnes & Noble. Business has been booming, and there's been a ton of new graphic novels to read!!

Claire's already opened up the place, so I walk in and say hi to her.

"Good morning, Claire! How's it going?" I ask.

"Great. Also, y'know Hex?"

"The Domino's guy I used to work with? Yeah?"

"Well I'm dating him now. He gave me mixed signals at first, but he admitted that it was just because he's shy."

"Oh, that's so sweet."

"I know, right?"

I walk over to the assistance desk and sit next toto her.

"So, Kaleb. How are things going with YOUR boyfriend?"

"Fantastic. We slept together again. I think we've done it... about four times now?"

"Rookie number."

*ONE WEEK LATER*

Az has been coaching Barney for the entirety of last week, and didn't contact me at all. He wanted to make it up to me by walking around the block for a bit. Y'know, quality time together.

It's my day off, and we meet up at the Charcoal Cafe once again.

I'm the early one this time!

After a few minutes, Asmodeus walks up.