Chapter 215: Teenage Dream Comes True

As it was September, Nancheng had entered its rainy season. When they returned to Nancheng, it coincided with the autumn rain. While it wasn't heavy, it still drizzled and had been raining nonstop, cooling down the temperature. Bai Qingquan first went to meet with Shen Jintai.

The movie <Welcome Rain on a Spring Night> had been delayed for so long that it missed the Cannes Film Festival. Everyone thought that this movie would be released in the summer, but as the summer passed, the film hadn't even been officially announced. Then, in a very sudden way, it was shortlisted at the Venice Film Festival.

Shen Jintai and the crew of <Welcome Rain on a Spring Night> were about to go to Venice tomorrow. As the boss of Sunshine Media, Yan Qiuchi would also attend with them.

"Have you watched the finished film?" Bai Qingquan asked Shen Jintai.

Shen Jintai nodded. "I just watched it a few days ago."

"How is it?" he asked.

Shen Jintai said, "I like it very much, but I don't know what the audience will think."

"If you like it, then the quality will not be bad."

"The duration is two and a half hours, and the pace is relatively slow," Shen Jintai said.

It's a literary and artistic film. With such a long run time, when it's officially released in theaters, it could affect the film's scheduling, and thus people were not optimistic about its box office performance.

A majority depends on the quality, but there's also a portion that depends on luck. This was something that could be met but was not required. The people in Shen Jintai's studio were actually more worried about the box office performance.

For male actors, the box office is more important than awards, because winning them is just icing on the cake. There's no harm if you don't get them, but the box office is different. If you get good results, you'll be praised to the heavens, but once you fall on your face, you'll be ridiculed very badly.

Everyone hopes that this movie will have a box office performance of more than 100 million.

"Will the Ming Palace also hold a launch ceremony the day after tomorrow?" Shen Jintai asked.

Bai Qingquan nodded.

"I have already recorded my portion, and Siqi seems to have recorded his as well."

Zheng Siqi was now making a new movie in Thailand.

Seeing that he was about to go to Venice, Shen Jintai was under a bit of pressure, but Bai Qingquan's pressure was actually no less than his.

<Night Talk at the Ming Palace> had released an official trailer online, and the response was extremely enthusiastic. Many people thought this drama would be the second <The East Palace is Coming>. Relying on its reputation and popularity, <Night Talk at the Ming Palace> was sold at sky-high prices both to TV stations and online broadcasting platforms, attracting loads of investment. If this highly anticipated show didn't live up to expectations, it would cause him to be ridiculed badly.

The biggest possibility was that he would be compared to Shen Jintai. Although he was the male lead in <The East Palace is Coming>, all eyes were on Shen Jintai. Now, he was truly alone.

After his visit with Shen Jintai, he returned to his hotel. Xiao Feng had brought the hanfu that was tailored for him. This hanfu was more exquisite than he expected. The material was also softer than the material he wanted. Xiao Feng said the pattern on the top was hand-embroidered by an old master.

After Xiao Feng left, Bai Qingquan took a shower before trying on the hanfu. He first didn't wear anything underneath as he tried it on naked, but then put on his underwear and tried it on again.