Chapter 225: Crazy Temptation on the Edge of Danger

Yan Yaoxuan's relationship ended without incident, but he didn't know why he couldn't forget about that man. Perhaps it was due to having such strong feelings for him. Shan Cheng was like a fire that kept burning inside of him. Although the person was gone, the burn was still there and would be warm and tingling from time to time.

He couldn't let go. Although he didn't see Shan Cheng, he still heard gossip about it, mainly coming from Gao Weicheng.

The Gao family and the Shan family had frequent contact. He heard Gao Weicheng say that the Shan family had been in chaos recently.

"His father has an illegitimate son outside that's 19 now. I don't know how he was able to hide it for so long. Wasn't the old man sick some time ago? As a result, the mistress took her son and rushed over to the country, creating a mess. The old man and the old lady wanted to take this opportunity to rectify the name of the illegitimate child, but Shan Cheng disagreed and moved out, saying that if the mistress and the illegitimate child came in, he would not recognize his father, while his mother had no reaction."

"Who is the old man, and who is the old lady?"

"The old man is his father. He had him late, so he's in his 60s this year. The old lady is his grandmother, who should be in her 80s," Gao Weicheng said. "But you can't blame him. If it were me, after more than 20 years of being an only child, to suddenly be told that your father had an illegitimate kid outside, not to mention the internal power and wealth struggle, just for my mother alone, I would've kicked them out."

Yan Yaoxuan remembered that Mrs. Shan, whom he had met, was kind and humble. He didn't really expect her to have such a troubled private life within her family. He asked, "Are they going to divorce?"

Gao Weicheng looked at him in surprise. "What kind of divorce will an old husband and his wife have? Besides, their family is large, so divorce wouldn't be so easy. I think Mrs. Shan wants to stay married but is determined to block the mistress and her illegitimate child from entering the door."

This was a pretty common practice among the elitist wives.

Yan Yaoxuan said, "At least Shan Cheng is the son of the Shan family. Even if he leaves home, his life won't run into problems. A skinny camel is still bigger than a horse."

"The thing is, when he left, he didn't take a single penny. He was quite stubborn about it. I guess he felt that if he didn't act determined enough, the old man in their family wouldn't care too much about it. Still, no matter how good an illegitimate child is, it still won't have the same affection as the one he raised at home. Besides, Shan Cheng is more capable. The illegitimate son of their family is Shan Wei, who looks pretty ordinary. He's just a dandy. The old man probably doesn't even want this son had he not been coaxed by the mistress. Shan Cheng probably knows this as well, so he can only act in this way to hold his father to the fire."

This was in line with someone like Shan Cheng's personality. He didn't seem to be a white lotus that would just leave home cleanly and honestly and make room for an illegitimate kid. Above all things, he seemed quite ruthless.

"Then does he have money to eat?" Yan Yaoxuan said.

Gao Weicheng said, "I heard that he went to work, which made his old man extremely angry."

When Yan Yaoxuan heard this, he immediately asked, "Where does he work?"

"As a waiter in a restaurant," Gao Weicheng said. "What's the matter? Why are you so interested in him?"

Yan Yaoxuan said, "I want to enjoy the service by a young master."

Gao Weicheng couldn't stand him, so he took him to the restaurant. As soon as they entered, Yan Yaoxuan saw Shan Cheng.