5✓Math & Science

"..ME tutor Sterling?!"

Hailey asked her maths teacher with wide eyes, having almost dropped her book. The teacher looked with a risen brow.

"Is there a problem, Miss Austin?

I was sure the other teachers mentioned that you two have been communicating better lately."

Hailey's mind ran through its memories trying to figure out what someone could mistake as them.. getting along!

Well, if you void the very few flirty moments. No one but those two knew about them.

They had been talking in the halls more often.. but most of that was Jake making conversation with her and, sometimes, even tickling her or holding her up by her waist.

She had to admit.. she did look forward to those moments at times.
Ok, most of the time.

"Well- we do, it's just that.. I don't think I'm the best person to tutor math."

"Oh Miss Austin, don't be modest: that boy needs all the help he can get. Even Henry could teach him a thing or two."

Hailey snickered quietly, nodding.

"Alright, do I inform him or?.."

"It's alright, dear. I will, you get off to lunch."

"Thank you Miss Jacobs."

Hailey then left the class room, quietly sighing in both a dreamy and frustrated way.

"I hate you Jake Sterling."

After mumbling that, she went to lunch to join her friends. She realised she brought her book, planning to put it away later instead.

෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴

Hailey had rushed to her locker in the panic that she'd be late, but quite literally as soon as she got there, it was announced that class would be five to ten minutes late.

"Ugh, typical."

She said, annoyed. She didn't even have to run now!

The teal-haired female unlocked her locker with its pin, gasping as she saw the pile at the top shelf of her locker unbalanced, it fell quicker than she could react.

Though, a hand grabbed it.

One that had a silver circle ring on its pinky finger.
She'd never seen a ring of that sort before, so it confused her and she didn't know who it was.

She turned, surprise surprise, her knight in shining armour: Jake Sterling.

"Careful there, princess, don't want to ruin that gorgeous face, do we?"

Hailey rolled her eyes at the cheeky raise of the brow he did, snatching her books back and reorganising her locker. She crouched down and sat on her knees to put the larger at the bottom.
Jake watched, squatting down besides her, leaning back with one leg halfway up, a hand rested on it.

"Aww, come on, crack a smile at me~"

Hailey ignored him again, continuing to sort. Jake's grin onl widened as she gave him an opportunity to whisper into her ear..

"You didn't need much persuasion in the changing rooms last week~"

Hailey's cheeks highlighted a baby pink, looking at him with an annoyed look in her eyes, though her mouth was a slight bit open.
Jake used two of his fingers to gently close her lips, chuckling.

"So, you're my tutor now huh?"

"Don't, remind me."

"Does that mean I can call you Miss Austin?"