PART 2: Soldier's Accomplice- Prologue

Brooklyn knew who she was, now- but she was still trapped in Hydra.

And, for that matter, so was the Winter Soldier.

Brooklyn thought about it for a long time. She knew it was Bucky Barnes who worked as the Winter Soldier, but all she knew of the man was that he was best friends with her dad, and that still seemed reason enough to believe he wasn't here willingly

It made Brooke feel a twinge of guilt. Sometimes she had spat at him, believing he was fully willing to follow Hydra. It had never occurred to her that he might have been forced here, as well.

She went through all the possible scenarios in her head. All the ways to get the hell out of there- but they always ended in Hydra capturing them again.

So with that, she went into the cryofreeze again.

________________________________________________________________________________

When she came out, she had a mission with the soldier immediately. They got briefed, got ready, and got into the back of an American police car alone.

"Deci ce sa întâmplat cu tine? Și nu încerca să mă minți, pot spune că s-a întâmplat ceva. Nu ai privirea aceea moartă în ochi." So what happened to you? And don't try to lie to me, I can tell something happened. You don't have that dead look in your eyes.

Brooke shrugged. "de ce limba romana?" Why the Romanian language?

He rolled his eyes at the child. The driver shouted in Russian. "Pochti gotovo. Toropit'sya.." We're almost there. Hurry up.

They soon got out of the car and waited for the target to appear. Standing near an intersection, the child hoped quietly that the target would get away, but all of the sudden, a black car covered in bullet holes appeared, driving toward us- the target, Nicholas Fury. The soldier walked into the middle of the road and planted the device that would make the car flip. After it did, it would be "Blue Mercy's" job to make sure he was dead, and if he wasn't... she shuddered to think of that.

 She walked slower toward the upside down truck than she should've, but she really wanted this man to get away.

Finally, the smoke cleared, and the Winter Soldier and Blue Mercy could see: the man was gone.

Blue Mercy was tempted to sigh with relief, but she knew she couldn't show emotion, with the risk of being found out.

Blue Mercy couldn't help but feel stupid as she followed behind the Soldier, not knowing her next order- it felt childish and degrading.

But finally, after what felt like eons of walking, climbing, and watching silently, the Soldier stopped on top of a roof, staring at the neighboring apartment complex. That's where Fury is, Brooklyn thought. They watched as a blond man scoured up the fire escape to the window the Soldier was watching, and climbed inside. 

He had the same color of blond hair Brooke did- in fact, he was everything she supposed her father, Captain America, might look like.

A few moments after he entered the window, a light in a different window went out, and the Soldier went to track that window instead. It wasn't really "in a window", it was toward the back of the apartment- and actually a smart- if not in vain effort by Fury to stay alive. Unfortunately for Fury, the Soldiers had enhanced vision, and nothing was stopping Winter.

As they waited for something else to happen, Blue thought about the scene that was about to unfold. Obviously they'd be pursued by somebody, maybe even the blonde man. Would it be safer to let herself get captured? She'd be leaving behind the soldier- her friend- but then whoever was there could help her get him back.