VERENA

Jesse begins to head over to me as she looks at Jungkook with disbelief and surprise. "I was on my way to check on you. I thought the girls made you upset." She stands at my side, her hand on my shoulder for comfort just in case I needed it.
Jungkook looks at me with confusion.

I remove Jesses hand from my shoulder and hold it, "I'm fine, Jess. I just needed to get away for a bit."

"Was that you getting away from being uncomfortable?" Jungkook adds to Jesse's concerns as he gestures to the now empty booth that once sat four douchebags. I gaze at him, telling him to shut up with a look.

"What's he talking about?" She asks, looking him up and down before examining my face for any sign or stress.

"Oh, nothing. Just Verena here getting stuck with a bunch of horny bastards, ready to open her up with a couple bucks." Jungkook says, leaning against one of the booths.

Jesse looks at the money scattered all over the floor. I can tell that she's imagining something way worse than what actually happened. "V, what happened? I thought you said you were going to the bathroom."

"I was but a customer stopped me and paid $500 on the spot." I rub my forehead with shame and guilt. I wasn't in the mood for lecturing. Right now, I just want to crawl into bed and forget about tonight. "I'm sorry." I mumble, feeling my chest knot.

Jesse let's out a heavy sigh and squeezes my hand. "It's okay, V. We should get back. We have one more performance to do." I look up and Jungkook has his lighter opened, the flame at the end of a cigarette while he excludes himself.

"Okay." I softly say, letting Jesse rub my back. Maybe her comforting isn't always overbearing. Jungkook flings his lighter shut and places it back into his pant pocket. "Actually, if you don't mind. I'd like to borrow Verena for a bit."

Jesse glares at Jungkook, "Sorry but I do mind. Verena can't afford to be with someone like you."

I glance over at Jess. Her attitude has come out of nowhere. What does she have against Jungkook? I thought it was just Jeno. "Jess, it's okay." I say, walking out of her hold and patting her hand.

"Is this the guy you spent the night with?" Jess suddenly asks. She's more than concerned. If anything, I sense fear.

Jungkook steps close to me, his warmth radiating off of him like a heat wave. I feel my body loosen within it as his hand gently glides down my back. My breathing shakes before I can answer, "Yes, but..."

"V, you shouldn't be hanging out with guys like him. Especially him." Jess gestured her hand at Jungkook. He moves his hand and wraps around my waist. I feel like I'm in a choke hold, unable to breath properly with Jesse's yelling and Jungkook's intoxicating touch.

"I was the least of your worries, Jess. You should be glad she didn't end up in my younger brothers arms." Jungkook says, tugging my against him. Jesse's skin becomes pale as Jungkook stares her down like prey.

Jesse becomes unsettled and blinks away from Jungkook. She swallows roughly and looks up at me, "Just be careful, V. He's not good for you." She turns on her heel and leaves. My chest tightens more and I begin to worry. I know she has issues with Jeno, and Jungkook mentioning it probably triggered something.

I push out of Jungkooks hold and he raises the cigarette to his mouth, unbothered of what he just did. "You can't keep attacking everyone that speaks to me. She's my friend. She's just looking out for me."

Jungkook blows out a fog and steps closer to me, "What about the night you got dragged away by those guys? You almost got raped and your friend didn't even budge from that stage."