JUNGKOOK

The gym is humid from all my movement. The muscles in my arms tighten as I continue to throw punches at the punching bag. This is the most I've felt sore.

The bag bounces back from my hit and returns to me. Before it can hit me, I jam my fist into it. It's a continuous cycle.

Jeno sits on the weight lifter and tosses a towel over his shoulder. I can feel him watching me and I bet he's curious about last night. I had told him that I needed some time to figure things out but I think I'm just avoiding my problems.

"I think it's had enough for today." Jeno says after a sip from his water bottle. The bag swings and I catch it, trying to regain focus. I ignore him by starting back up with the punches.

I can hear Jeno snicker with disbelief. "I talked with Friska today." He then says. Jeno talked to Friska? That's new. I'm use to Soobin telling me this instead.

"You? Talking to Friska?" I ask, sending a blow against the punching bag. "Hardly believable."

Jeno laughs and pulls out his cigarette box. "Eh, it's not like I wanted to." He says, pulling a cigarette out. "I ran into her at the club." He informs me.

I stop punching and try to hold the bag still. If he was at the club, would he have seen Verena? I'm curious about how she's doing. My father was going to force himself onto her but he didn't get to, thanks to Friska.

"I know what you're thinking. You think I asked her about Verena." Jeno says, flicking his lighter open. I refrain from looking at him and throw a punch into the hanging bag. The more sane way to take your frustration out.

He places the end of the cigarette between his lips and lights the tip. He flicks his lighter shut and inhales. Removing the cigarette, he exhales a faint cloud. "And you thought right."

I catch the punching bag and turn to face Jeno. "What are you up to, Jeno?"

Jeno grins, "I just figured you wanted to know how your little dancer was doing." With his daring eyes, he takes another puff. He pulls the cigarette from his mouth and flicks ashes on the ground.

"She doesn't matter to me anymore." I turn away from Jeno and grab my water bottle by the mirror. Jeno stands and makes his way to me. He drops his arm around my shoulders, pressing weight against them. "Then I guess you don't care enough to know what happened to her today." Jeno slaps my arm and gathers his bag.

The fuck happened to Verena? Damn it, Jeno. You're not helping at all. I'm suppose to be uninterested completely. I can't be going to her and causing more shit in the family. Not that I've ever cared but now that father's back, things aren't so easy to get away with. "What?"

Jeno turns around and I can see his up to no good smirk. He's definitely up to something but I'll worry about that later. "Friska didn't tell you about the under cover cop that came by the club today?"

"What fucking cop?" I snap, ignoring the fact that Jeno has my attention. I bet it's because of those people that went missing there. They all had something to do with me and Verena but why would they question her?

Jeno hands me his cigarette and begins to put his jacket on. "I guess not." He mutters, taking the cigarette back. I grab his collar and yank him forward, "Stop fucking around. You got my attention, so tell me." I speak through my teeth and Jeno becomes serious.

"He pretended to be a customer and paid Verena to give him more than just a show." This information has my blood boiling as I tighten my grip on Jeno's jacket. "He threatened her just to get info on you." He finally spits it out as he pokes my shoulder.

I release my grip on Jeno and head towards the door. I can hear Jeno shouting from behind. "Where you going? She won't be at the club! She went home early!"