JUNGKOOK

I arrive at band practice a little late. I've been spending most of my time slamming my body against the basement doors. Took me almost an hour to bust them open and another two hours to get rid of Carlos's body before washing off all the blood. Then I wasted time looking for Verena at her friends house but nobody was home. Lastly, I texted my father the pictures of my handy dandy work.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Soobin says, walking past me with drum sticks in his hand. He heads over to his drum set while everyone else tests their guitars. Namjoon is adjusting the speakers and flicking his chip over the strings and turning the tuning pegs.

"Probably fucking that girl again." Jeno says, glancing up at me with a side grin. He places his guitar strap over him and adjusts the chords around his legs. His chin is placed between his teeth as he tests his sounds.

"Fuck off, Jeno." I mutter with a tired tone.

"Oh, I see. Pussy is more important than family now?" Soobin says with a high pitch chuckle as he slaps Jisungs shoulder.

"I'd choose that over family any day." Jisung answers, laughing stupidly at Soobin. Soobin shoves Jisung away, "Fuck you, man." He begins hitting the skins, creating a heavy rhythm that goes to one of our songs.

"Jungkook, test your mic. I don't wanna have to stop in the middle of practice because you think you sound off." Namjoon says, raising from the floor with his guitar in hold.

I remove my jacket and toss it with my bag. Heading over to an empty spot at the front, I set up my mic stand and place in my microphone before plugging it into a speaker.

I'm a little surprised that Namjoon hasn't asked where I've been yet. Maybe it's because he knows that I was taking care of father's business. I didn't tell him so it must've been father.

"Alright, let's start." Namjoon says in a tired tone. He sighs and adjusts his guitar beside me. He glances at me for a second and returns his attention to his pick.

After practice, Soobin makes the plan to stop at the strip club again. I would go and terrorize my female friend for locking me in that basement with no Ac, but I'm too curious to see how well she'd be without me. To make her think I'm done with her and she'll continue on with her normal life as if I've never entered it.

"Not going? But we always go!" Soobin whines as I head towards my car. He grabs my jacket sleeve and stops me from getting in.

I glare over at him, "And it's the exact reason why I'm not going." I toss my bag into the passenger seat while the others pack the van with the equipment.

"You and your little fling already fighting?" Jeno mutters clearly. He snickers as he holds the van doors open. Namjoon shoves the speakers into the van and glances over at me. "I told you brother, women are complicated little things. Even for you."

"Worry about your own relationships." I get into my car and quickly shut the door before Jeno can say anymore. He's starting to get on my nerves. He always has been but recently he's been too curious about Verena. If anyone should be asking the questions, it should be Namjoon. It would make more sense. Instead, he didn't mention a word about her.

My phone begins to buzz in my pocket while Namjoon slams the van doors shut. I take out my phone and answer it before considering whose calling.

"Jeon, whose this?" I push my keys in and turn it as the familiar voice appears on the other line. "Son, it's your father." That voice I've barely heard. Since father moved away for business, we've only stayed in contact through text. Namjoon is the only one who talks to him. I remain silent, surprised to hear his voice. "I wanted to call and tell you how grateful I am of you and your brothers. Mostly you, considering all the dirty work I task you with. I figured I could show my gratitude at dinner this weekend."

Dinner? This weekend? Is father coming back to California? I swallow the curiosity down, "I can't this weekend. I have plans. Call the others, I'm sure they're free." I hold back the anger in my voice and hang up. I look through my car window at Namjoon and I begin to wonder if he knew father was going to call me.

Later, I stop at Verenas friends to get things off my mind. The house looks dark inside. No sign of life in any rooms. Verena is hiding from me. Is she guilty? Or is she scared? I don't blame her if she is after seeing me butcher Carlos like that. One morning I'm sweeping her off her feet and the next I'm murdering before her eyes. I can't lie to myself and say that I don't miss her beautiful face. Her tempting voice that harmonizes to me. Too bad I won't be able to hear it tonight.

A distraction would be so nice right about now. Something to clear father from my mind for the next 24 hours. And maybe a miracle will remove him completely. With my luck, I'm cursed with the thought of him forever. For as long as I shall live. All I can be is fathers executioner. A reaper who follows evil when his heart beats for heaven.