JUNGKOOK

I've got Verena in a tight hold as her chest heaves. All the blood on her body has dried up. Her nipples are sore and cold as I keep her in this position.

Her mouth slightly opens as she inhales. She's trying to calm her breathing while I hold my gun to her. People don't usually try to act calm in a situation like this. At least, none that I've come across. "There's no need for this."

I scoff, "Too late. I've already killed four people because of you." She thinks I'd just let her go after all of this? There's no way I can afford that. Especially if Namjoon finds out. Fuck, he'll shoot me himself. Then Jeno will laugh over my dead body. I scowl at the thought and pull her closer to me, "So choose before I choose for you."

"You won't shoot me." She then says, surprising me. This woman sure is bold for someone with a gun pointed to the throat. "You could've killed me in the alley way, but you didn't." She wraps her hand around the gun and places her finger over mine that holds the trigger. I hear the gun click and I immediately withdraw. The bullet shoots past her, cutting her ear and shattering a light. I look back at her and her eyes are tightly shut. I snicker at the sight of her. She was just acting bold. That or she wanted to have faith.

She releases a sharp exhale. I could sense there was some doubt in her stupid plan. The plan that proved her theory right. When I finally register what happened, I notice my hand on the side of her face. Is it true? That I can't force myself to kill her? I could just kill her now and clean this up as if nothing happened here. She'd go missing and everyone would point fingers at these guys. I look down at the floor. Their lifeless body's bleeding out onto the carpet.

If I didn't care about her, I would've let them carry on with what they started. They would've forced her to do many things if I had just left. These men would still be alive and there wouldn't be a murder to tie me down. No, I can't kill her. Even if I tried, I wouldn't be able to. Like I said before. This woman has damned me.

I shift her onto the sofa bed, leaving her puzzled as I hand her my shirt. She examines it. Her fingers feeling at the slippery fabric. With no rejection, she begins putting it on. I watch as her small hands button the shirt up. Looking down at her, my barrier begins to expand, reaching out to her as if it's willing to protect her.

I take my phone out and dial Jenos number. I bite the gums in my mouth, wishing he wasn't the only one who could help. After a couple of rings, he finally picks up.

"My, my. Something must be terribly wrong to get a call from the brother that hates my guts." Jeno says and I can almost hear him smirk.

I don't agree or deny him, "I need you in room 13. 3 bodies, one witness but she's mine." I warn him as I ignore whatever look Verena is giving me.

I hear a long sigh on the other line, "Namjoon is not going to like this."

"Namjoon isn't going to find out. Now hurry, and bring a shirt." I hang up the phone and turn back to  Verena. She sits at the end of the bed, looking down at the dead bodies. She looks so small and fragile. So pure yet far from so.

"Do you normally call your brothers for these things?" She then asks, her eyes shooting to mine. I feel my heart jump from the sudden change. She's so calm and aware now. What happened? Could it be the after shock?

"Rarely anymore." I admit, placing my hands into my pockets as I kick one of the bodies. Theirs a whole in his chest from where I cut his heart out. Something shifts in my chest and I dislike the meaning of it. I refuse to feel guilty. I warned her of the outcome and about me. Yet she still teased me.

Verena leans down and picks up one of the guys guns and faces the barrel up at her. I sprint over and rip it out of her hands, "Do you have a fucking death wish? Don't you know better not to face a gun at yourself?" I snap, tossing the gun on the bed.