VERENA

I'm sitting at my mirror, fixing my smeared lip stick. I softly touch my bottom lip, remembering the taste of him, the absence reckoning me to the point where I don't even want to go on stage.

Two of the dancers enter the dressing room, sticking together like magnets as they whisper. One of them has short violet hair and the other has red hair with black roots. The club music drowns the room, allowing me to hear their shouting gossip.

"I can't believe they are here tonight." The violet hair girl says, taking her seat at her mirror. The other girl sits beside her, not owning the station since hers is three mirrors down.

"I was told that Jungkook was seen entering the girls restroom after some girl." The redhead rolls her eyes and rests her chin on her hand.

The other girl drops her brush and turns to her friend, "What? Did they say who she was?"

The redhead sighs and looks at my direction. I try to avoid her glare in my mirror and continue fixing my powder. There's no way she could've known it was me. I try applying the powder as my face begins to sweat. I quickly add some blush so I don't look so dead on stage.

"Nobody that matters." She chuckles and returns her attention towards her friend. Her friend looks confused at to what she meant by that, but doesn't question it.

She shrugs it off, "Oh well, who cares. It's not like he'd settle down or anything. Jungkook has made it very clear that he has no interest with relationships."

As they leave, I take time to myself and enjoy the empty room. The music is just enough to cancel out any ringing to my ears while I think back on what she said. These girls seem to know Jungkook. Even Jesse did. She knew that he was in a band with his four brothers. I only knew about the one. I wonder if they know about the things he does behind closed doors and if he kills on the regular basis.

Jesse joins me, sitting at her mirror beside mine, "You ready? It's almost time."

Her smile fails to bring any distractions from my thoughts. Instead, my curiosity of the theories she mentioned pecks at me like a pesky wood pecker.
"Jesse, do you remember when you said that there were theories about The Reapers."

Her shoulders drop and she begins to look curious as to why I was bringing this up now. "Yeah, what about it?"

"You never told me them." I say, looking down at my makeup brushes scattered on my tabletop. As I look over at her, I see that she finds my worries to be too much.

"Verena, they're just rumors." She chuckles and touches the side of my bar arm. She narrows her head and leans forward to meet my gaze, "Are you sure you're okay?"

I chuckle, my breath pushing at the tissue sticking out of the tissue box. "I think I've gotten myself into something very complicated ."

Jesse scoots closer to me and grabs my hand, her brows knitting as she frowns with worry. "What do you mean?"

I glance at her, knowing that I'm giving her access to read my eyes, seeing my troubles clear as day. "What are the rumors of Jeon Jungkook?"

Jesse tilts her head with confusion and shrugs, "I only know a few and they're just things made up by sick, paranoid people."

"Jesse, tell me them." I speak softly, forcing the strength to hide any weakness in my voice. To get answers, I must prove to Jesse that I can take whatever she has to throw at me, even if I can't.

She lets out a sharp exhale and looks down at her knees, "People think that The Reapers are involved in some kind of cult." She laughs hearing herself say that. Jesse finally raises her head, smiling painfully and hoping I'd laugh, but I don't. Instead, I just look at her, waiting for more information. She scratches at the side of her neck, cringing to the thoughts that are going through her head, "It's just stupid stuff, V. It's probably nothing." She stands up, ending the conversation and lightly touches my shoulder, "We should probably start heading backstage before Jewels gets on us."