Chapter 3; "Expectations."

'Expectations'

'Expectations'

(this chapter will focus on Taehyun.)

3pm.

Beomgyu and Taehyun were on the couch together while watching movies for about 4 hours now. Beomgyu's attention were always fully on the movie, it seemed like Taehyun had piqued his interests. He has been listing what the older wanted or disliked, it was a success. Beomgyu likes angst in movies, he would try to understand and feel the character's feelings. But at the same time, he likes every movies.. except the ones that the characters are dumb when falling in love for each other. Like Adrien in Miraculous? He doesn't like those. He feels frustrated when the lead takes long to realize the other's feelings.

Taehyun on the meanwhile likes action and thrilling movies, it's rare for him to watch romance but wouldn't complain if he's watching it with the older. He doesn't get it that much and he doesn't really speak from experience. Beomgyu only knows that he's been liking an unknown person for years, of course he wouldn't force him to tell.. he would wait until the younger is prepared.

Taehyun was staring at Beomgyu, not until he heard the voices in the movie saying the other main lead has to leave for good. His eyes widen and focus on the movie from what was happening, he didn't understand clearly because he has been watching Beomgyu instead of the movie.

Taehyun was watching for a while till he couldn't handle it anymore, he stood up and left the room to the kitchen. He took deep breathes, trying to calm himself down. He blinked fastly, trying to get the tears to evaporate.

"Why do I have to always get reminded?" He mumbled quietly, looking around if Beomgyu was there to hear his words. His hands formed a fist, eyebrows furrowing and lips frowning.

-----

He cleared his throat before going back to the living room, seeing Beomgyu stare up at him curiously.

"What happened?" He asked, it seemed like he also noticed Taehyun going to the kitchen.

"Nothing, I just went to drink water." Taehyun smiled and walked closer to Beomgyu, some audio in the back were playing.

Beomgyu's eyes were holding the entire universe, his long eyelashes were visible in Taehyun's sight.. his smooth tanned skin that Taehyun always wanted to kiss or caress, his soft plump rosy lips that were always getting Taehyun off guard.

"You're really pretty, do you know that?" Taehyun complimented, raising his hand and gently holding Beomgyu's chin.

"Stop it, you're making me confused." Beomgyu said and turned his head, avoiding Taehyun's gaze and removing his head away from his hands.

"With what?" Taehyun scoffed.

Beomgyu remained silent. 'Whether your feelings are sincerely or jokingly.' He said in his thoughts, he was bewildered. "With your actions, you know I'm going to think about these later.." Beomgyu said instead and humped, driving his attention to the movie that ended.

"You just made me skip scenes.." Beomgyu pouted, crossing his arms.

"At least you got to waste it with something that has worth which is me." Taehyun sassily said, unexpectedly pecking Beomgyu's forehead.

"You're so cutee" He pinched Beomgyu's cheeks, losing his patience.

"Anyways, I'm gonna prepare dinner if you don't like the side dishes your mom cooked.." Taehyun said while going to the refrigerator, opening it and seeing a lot of food stuffing and filling it.

"She sure made a lot for Beomgyu.."

-----

After they ate for dinner, they went to cuddle on the bed till Beomgyu had fallen asleep while Taehyun was watching him do so. After a while, he traced Beomgyu's lines and sighed quietly for a personal reason.
Taehyun looked at the ceiling and angled his face up, closing his eyes.

He was met with darkness a long time, not until he saw himself and Beomgyu laughing together. They were 15 and 14 years old that time, when they weren't bothered that much by school. Taehyun smiled at the sight, not until his imagination was ruined when he heard his phone ringing.

He immediately grabbed his phone silently to not bother and wake Beomgyu up, accepting the call and placed his phone near his ear. Taehyun knew who was calling, he was always observing what will the people near him do.

"Yes, mom?" Taehyun's eyes went cold and there was no hint of happiness were left in his eyes. His voice was deep and emotionless, like he didn't want for this call to happen. He already expected what his mother would say.. it was like it's the 500th time she said this.

[-----]

"Alright, I'm just here at Beomgyu's house because he's sick and I'm taking care of him because his mother is at work." Taehyun explained his reason for something important for his parents.

[-----]

"I know that. I've packed everything anyways.. besides that, it's after a month for it." Taehyun stressedly said before saying goodbye to his mother and ending the call before facing Beomgyu till he sleeps.

He wanted for Beomgyu to love him back but there's not much time.
{obvious hint}

Taehyun then dialed Kai, wanting comfort. Huening Kai was Taehyun's other close friend.. his safe zone. Kai always supported him no matter what he did, staying by his side. He also knows his deepest secrets that were kept from Beomgyu for a reason.

["Hmm?"] was heard from the phone, Kai sounded sleepy. It seems like he just woke up from the call.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Taehyun realized, asking him with worry in his tone.

["It's fine, I'm a fast sleeper so I can sleep later."] Huening Kai reassured, scoffing to make it funny.

["What is it? I'm ready to listen."] He said.

"I..----" Taehyun explained, his voice were low and he was scared.

["Ah.."]

||ו_______________________•×||

I HATE SCHOOL SO MUCH OMG 🏃🏻💔