Chapter 21; "Deja vú."

"It feels familiar

"It feels familiar."

Beomgyu's breath hitched, his eyes widening when he came back to his senses and realized what he just blurted out.

He started to panic when Taehyun was also  surprised with it, "What did you say?" Taehyun asked confusedly, wanting to hear it again.

"Nothing — nevermind. I was just out of my mind, not a big deal.." Beomgyu excused himself, trying to get out of the embarrassing situation.

"Repeat." Taehyun ordered, not in the dominant way but softly. He slowly stood up and faced Beomgyu, their faces close to each other.

' I can't make the same mistake again. '

"When am I gonna go home? I need to review for the upcoming exam, it affects my whole grade." Beomgyu moved to another topic, his figure passing Taehyun's and quickly getting out of the same frame as his.

"I'll tell your teachers to give you the perfect score for that exam so you don't need to tire yourself out." Taehyun suggested and Beomgyu's eyes twitched, "In that way, you can spend more time with your hyungs and Kai." Taehyun's lips curled up to a smile and Beomgyu wanted to just either slap him or cup his cheeks.

His smile was alluring, charming as it makes him look innocent and graceful. The way his long dimples are slightly visible, so captivating. Come to think of it, nothing's wrong with Taehyun. He's sweet and talented. Beomgyu couldn't think of a reason on why he shouldn't fall for this man.

"No thanks, I can manage to take care of my schedule." Beomgyu smiled back, deciding to be kind to him. He felt bad Taehyun was always offering him things that has good benefits for Beomgyu but he always turned it down and instead act cold to him.

Maybe restarting won't be bad, right?

"C'mon, stop being like that, it still hurts." Taehyun acted dramatically hurt, clenching on his chest and squinted his eyes shut. Beomgyu looked at him in agony.

Beomgyu had a flashback,

"Let's play, it's been a while!" Beomgyu begged, pouting and acting all cute.

This was an eighteen Beomgyu and seventeen Taehyun. They were both in the garden, spending their free time in school together. It was actually their break time and it usually takes up to only 15 minutes but since their teacher for the last period is sick, the other teachers decided to let them play for a while and go home once their services are there.

— and here, Beomgyu's gonna have go home by himself and Taehyun has tutor later and the older is asking for the younger to at least play a while with him since they were busy for the past few days because of  projects.

"Your Arts teacher is probably gonna make you do activities so you should also prepare for that and you also have a contest. I have an upcoming exam so I have to study." Taehyun ruffled Beomgyu's hair, smiling fondly as he watch Beomgyu try to please him, kneeling down and hugging his knees. He wanted to play but they were both busy, there's a lot of reasons why he currently couldn't and reasons that's preventing him to.

"C'mon, stop being like that, it still hurts."

Same line, different person.

Our personalities switched didn't it?
— but we're still the same.

It's just you that's chasing me now.

"Pfft —" Beomgyu held his laugh and Taehyun stared at him confusedly, "Pabo." he silently mouthed to Taehyun, rolling his eyes rudely and collapsing on the sofa.
"I'm tired." He informed.

"What was that for?" Taehyun gaped, "You can sleep at my room, you know." he turned his chair around to look at Beomgyu tiredly closing his eyes.

"Hmm.." Beomgyu just hummed, he opened his eyes slowly and held eye contact with Taehyun again. "By the way, I have a question.." He decided to change the mood and topic,

"What is it?" Taehyun replied simply.

"Why did you come back?" Beomgyu exhaled deeply after asking, "I mean, you can just like find almost everything there, a new person, new house like this, and just.." he explained his reason on why he asked, showing that he's that puzzled. He stopped talking and gestured with his eyes for Taehyun to answer him, not having anything to say.

"I came back for you." Taehyun answered honestly, not having any other reason but that.

Beomgyu looked at him surprised and perplexed, not expecting that answer, "Really? by the time I was waiting, I thought you already found someone else." he remember the way he felt sorrow and regret during those hard days.

He, now, felt like he should give a second chance.

"What do you mean?" Taehyun chuckled, "You're the only one I'm looking for, no one else, hyung." He slightly smiled.

"If I promised you it then I won't break it." he swore.

"You didn't announce that you came back here — but you did come back. I don't think I deserve such a person like you." Beomgyu drunkly said his sober thoughts, turning soft as he's getting sleepy from the cozy feeling.

"You do, I came back and you waited for me. It's pretty long.. so I appreciate it. But if you still think you don't deserve me, will you grant my wish for it?" Taehyun walked closer to Beomgyu and sat beside the sofa, placing his chin on the fabric, his eyes obsessed and fixated on Beomgyu's stunning face.

Their faces were once again close, only about 20cm away from each other. It felt romantic and heart fluttering.

"W-what wish?" Beomgyu stuttered at how slowly they're getting close.

"That I wish to be with you for the rest of my life."

— Beomgyu's heart started to beat rapidly, the familiar feeling he felt a long time ago. He realized, when Taehyun disappeared and left his side, he hasn't felt this ever since. The younger was the only one who could make him feel this.

He suddenly felt the deja vú.

(another short ass chapter 😭)