Chapter 9

"Mia, where have you been?" Everly asked as she walked in. "I was worried sick for you. You weren't at home when I came back. I tried calling, but it seems that you forgot your phone here." She continued speaking while Mia walked to the kitchen and poured herself some tea.

"I was out." She said so shortly.

"Where? You never leave without notice." Everly walked near her.

"Has something happened with your parents? I saw your brother here this morning and..."

"No. Well, as usual with them." She interrupted.

"Than what, Mia? What is wrong with you? Tell me." Everly's voice was filled with concern.

"For God's sake, today everyone thinks something is wrong with me." Mia said it abruptly.

"Who else said that?"

"Jungkook. " She could not stop herself from answering honestly; all she could think of was him.

"Jungkook? Why would he say something like this? You met him?"

"Not just that, he kissed me. Can you believe the audacity? I have known him for only a couple of days."

Everly's eyes widened in shock. "Wait, you're telling me that Jungkook kissed you? That's completely out of line! I can't believe he would do something like that."

Mia nodded, her face filled with a mix of confusion and frustration. "Well, he did it. It caught me off guard, and now I can't help but question his intentions."

"He forced you?" Her friend was worried.

"Well, not exactly forced me. I had my own part too." Mia lowered her voice at the last sentence.

"Mia, it's just a kiss; don't make it a big deal." Everly laughed, trying to calm her down.

"But it is a big deal to me," Mia replied, her voice tinged with disappointment. "He is not even my boyfriend, and you know me better than anyone."

"I am not that type of girl. I like to experience these things with someone I like, go on dates, and build a connection before getting physical. I hate it when  people don't  respect my boundaries." Mia sighed, her frustration evident in her voice.

"Mia I know, but it's not that you don't like Jungkook, right?"

"I don't. " She denied it loudly.

"You are talking like this because you are confused and don't want to accept what you really feel. You are just in denial, like everyone at the beginning. "

Mia shook her head, her expression firm. "I am not. I don't feel anything for Jungkook, and that's final. "

"Fine, whatever you say." Her friend gave up.

"Apparently, he is the type who fools around and doesn't take things seriously. " Mia said, not mentioning that she was thinking about the words that woman spoke. Mia couldn't help but wonder if there was any truth to what she had said, but she pushed those thoughts aside.

"You say it with so much assurance, like you were one of those girls he fooled around with." Everly joked.

Mia chuckled, brushing off Everly's comment. "Oh, please, like I would ever fall for someone like him. I have better taste than that." She tried to convince herself, but deep down, she could not remember anyone else who had made her feel that kind of tension and desire.

"And I don't need to fool around, as you say, in order to understand his type." Mia tried to sound convincing, like she didn't just imagine being his girl for a brief moment.