Chapter 11

"Where are you coming from, Mia?" Everly asked as soon as the front door opened and, in the darkness, noticed Mia, who was tiptoeing into the living room.

"Everly, what are you doing here?" Mia was surprised to see her friend there, sitting on the couch with a warm glass of milk in her hand. "Insomnia again?"

"As always." She rolled her eyes. "And are you asking me what I am doing at my own home?" She laughed.

"No, I just thought that maybe you would sleep over with your boyfriend. " Mia added, sitting down near her friend.

"Well, you know me. Partying and drinking till morning is not my scene." Everly said, referring to the birthday party she had been to tonight and the way she felt like not fitting there.

"I prefer a quiet night in, especially after a long day," Everly continued, taking a sip of her warm milk.

"I was not speaking about drinking." Mia chuckled and playfully nudged Everly's shoulder.
"Oh, come on, you know what I mean. Just a cozy night with your boyfriend, enjoying each other's company after the party ended," she said with a mischievous grin.

"You seem to be in pretty good humor now, unlike earlier tonight. " Everly smiled at her playful words.

"Maybe someone has affected your mood in a good way."

Mia blushed and looked down, her smile growing even wider, but refused to say anything so Everly continued breakingthe silence.

"Besides, I couldn't stay at Taehyung's house because the party had no intention of ending, and I am sure it will continue until morning. Also, I have to be at work in a couple of hours, so I needed some rest." Everly explained seriously. "I had nothing to do there , just did not belong there."

"Me too. I had no idea that it would be such a grand party; I thought it would be just a small gathering." Mia added, she had never been a fan of large, crowded events and was grateful that had decided to leave early.

"What can I say? Taehyung really has so many friends, most of whom I never got to meet." Everly spoke.

"You both are so different. You always prefer smaller, intimate gatherings. " Mia replied.

"In a way, yes, we are." She agreed.

"It's that we have different lifestyles. At the beginning, I could not see clearly how different we were; all I could see was how infatuated with each other we were, but now that we have been together for one year, these things are more visible. " Everly explained.

"But despite our differences, we've learned to understand and respect each other's preferences."

"Is there a problem between you?" Mia asked, concerned when noticed the way her friend's expression  changed.

"No, of course not." Everly smiled, assuring her. "Just sometimes, work takes most of my time, but nothing else."

"That's good to know." Mia said in relief.

"Enough about me. Your turn now." She smiled, going to the next subject.

"What do you want me to tell you?" Mia avoided eye contact, immediately thinking of Jungook, her lips still tingling with the heat of the kisses they had exchanged.

"Start with the guy who dropped you home." Everly raised an eyebrow, sensing that there was more to Mia's story than she was letting on.

"Jungkook."

"Really? Where did you go?" Everly continued teasing when she knew perfectly that Mia had left the party with Jungkook and heard the motorbike when he dropped her outside their apartment.