Alex ~ Appendicitis

"Alex. Pass to me," Finn called and Alex kicked the ball to him. As soon as he did so, he felt pain flare up in his side.
"Argh..." He said as he bent over a little and raised his hand up to it.
"Yes!" Finn called as he scored the goal.
"Alex? Are you ok?" Tyler asked as he saw him.
"Yeah... it's just a stitch," Alex said before he stood up straight and the pain died down.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I'm fine Finn," Alex said and they kept playing. At the end of the match, they were going inside and Alex felt the pain again.
"Argh..." He said as he bent over again and moved his hand to his side.
"Are you sure that you're alright?"
"Yeah..."
"Maybe you should lie down for a bit," Tyler said and Alex looked at him.
"Yeah. Just for a minute or two," Alex agreed, and he went inside.

"Argh..." Alex groaned and he held onto the sink. His side was hurting again, and this time the pain was a little bit worse and it lasted for 60 seconds.
"More glitter."
"No, that's enough Candi-Rose."
"You can never have enough glitter."
"No. No!" Chloe shouted and Sasha turned round. She saw Alex and frowned.
"Alex? Are you ok?"
"What?" Alex asked before he turned around.
"You seem a little off."
"No I'm fine," Alex said, and he glanced at Candi-Rose and Chloe before he left the kitchen.

"Hmn..." Alex said before he rubbed his stomach.
"And now, the brown bear leaves her cubs in search of food," David Attenborough said on the TV as Alex, Taz, Joseph and Charlie were watching his programme.
"Argh!" Alex yelled as a burst of pain shot through his body.
"Alex? Are you ok?" Charlie asked, and everyone looked at him.
"Yeah," Alex said as he tried to relax. "I'm fine."
"You yelled. Like you were in pain."
"Did I? I'm fine," Alex lied and they turned back to David Attenborough.
"Are you sure?" Charlie asked and Alex nodded.
"Yeah."
"Ok," Charlie said, and she turned back to the programme. Pain flared up again for Alex, but he managed to remain quiet. It was getting worse, so he excused himself and went to bed.

~

The next day, Alex fought through the pain. It was getting worse with every minute that passed, and he could feel himself sweating. He barely ate any food at dinner, but aside from a few worried glances from Sasha and Charlie, none noticed.

He got ready for bed, but he had an awful night. Pain throbbed in his stomach, and normal painkillers were unable to stop the pain entirely. He was sweating and hot, but he couldn't go to Mike and May-Li, not now, not now that he'd been pretending that he was alright.

2am, Alex was gagging into the toilet and the pain was worse than ever.
"Argh..." He gasped before he had some water and he opened the bathroom door to go to his bed.
"Alex. You don't look very well," Jody said, half asleep, as she came into the corridor.
"I'm alright," Alex lied.
"No you're not. You look kind of pale."
"I'm fine Jody."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah," Alex said, his voice was weak and it was a little hoarse.
"Alright," Jody said and she went to the bathroom as Alex went back into his room. She watched him go and she knew that he wasn't himself.

"Alex? Are you alright?" May-Li asked as she knocked on his door. "You didn't come down for breakfast."
"Yeah... Imm fine," Alex said as his hand was pressed against his side. He was still in bed and the pain was turning into agony.
"You don't sound alright," May-Li said as she opened the door. Alex immediately moved his hands and did his best to act normal.
"I wanted to sleep in... that's all," Alex lied as he tried to appear normal for May-Li.
"If you're ill, you can tell me."
"No, I'm just sleeping in."
"Alright. But you've missed breakfast now. Next meal will be lunch alright?"
"Ok. Thanks," Alex said and May-Li left, having bought Alex's normal act. As soon as she was gone, Alex gagged and he curled up in pain.

"Argh!" Alex yelled in the hallway as his hand cradled his side. He was leaning against the wall, had his eyes closed and body tensed up with agony.
"What's wrong with you?" Ryan asked as he came up the stairs.
"Nothing. Argh!" Alex yelled, and a tear fell down his face.
"Well, nothing's causing you a lot of pain in your side."
"I'm fine," Alex said, trying to bare the agonising pain. "Arargh!"
"You're far from fine. But... it's not my problem."
"Ryan," Alex said as Ryan started to walk off and he stopped. "What if this is my appendix?"
"Then you will need surgery to have it removed."
"Would you tell Mike and May-Li? Arargh! If you were in, ARGH! ... pain?"
"If I was in as much pain as you are. I would have told them several hours ago," Ryan said, and he left Alex to his agony.