Jody ~ Fever

"Jody?" Alex asked as he woke up and saw her sleeping on her side by his bed. "What are you doing here? You're not allowed in here," Alex said as he stood up and hit her gently with his foot. "Jody. Hey, get up."
"Hmn..." Jody moaned uncomfortably.
"Jody?" Alex asked as he crouched down. "Jody, wake up," He said as he shook her. She was using one of his jumpers as a pillow and she only had a blanket over her.
"Hmn..." Jody said as she frowned.
"Jody," Alex said and he felt her forehead. She was burning up, so Alex went downstairs.

"Mike. May-Li."
"Alex? What are you doing up so early?"
"It's Jody. She's in my room and..."
"You know that you're not allowed any girls in your rooms."
"She came in on her own. She's on the floor and she's burning up."
"What?" Mike asked, and they went upstairs with Alex. "Jody. Jody?" Mike asked as he knelt beside her and felt her forehead.
"Hmn... hhmn..."
"She hasn't said anything. She just keeps moaning."
"She's got a fever alright. Can you give me a hand to take her back up to her room?"
"Yeah, of course," Alex said and they picked her up.
"Ok gently. Gently now," Mike said and they carefully put Jody onto her bed. "Right. If you get me a glass of water, you can then go back to bed yourself."
"Ok," Alex said and he brought a glass of water up.

~

"Jody. Are you alright?" Alex asked her as she joined everyone for dinner.
"Yeah. I'm feeling better Alex. Thanks."
"I'm glad," Alex said with a smile.
"I'm sorry about going into your room last night. I was tired and sick. I didn't know what I was doing."
"It's alright. You didn't climb into bed with me and that was the main thing."
"Should we be concerned about that happening?" Mike asked Alex and Jody.
"No. Oh no."
"No, I don't like Alex."
"I like Jody, but not like that. What? You don't like me?"
"Not like that. I like you but not... No, not like that. No way."
"Alright. That's it settled," Mike said and they went quiet.
"I'm glad that you're ok Jody."
"So am I," Jody said and they ate dinner.