The Story of James, Spencer and the Two Unknown Engines

February 18th: 1:04pm:
Okay! Duck freaked out! Once we made sure Henry was in good enough condition, we set off. Shockingly, all that was damaged was a missing front buffer. So, it's safe to say the mood was fairly relaxed as we puffed along. We passed through Cronk, and noticed a small trail.. Of blood? I felt Donald grow concerned, and he voiced this to Gordon, who said to keep on guard. Just outside of Killdane, Gordon ordered us to stop. The smell here was horrible. But that's not why we stopped. We could hear two people talking. I say people. But Toby spoke up, saying one was absolutely Terrence. And the other... It wasn't Oliver. Donald and Thomas looked at one another, their mouths dropping open! I opened the regulator, and the team crept into the yard. We saw what that smell had been, as we quickly noticed the other breakdown train, propping Oliver up.

 He was long dead, his face had been torn away, taking everything from inside, taking off his whistle, a siderod, and even a lamp iron

 He was long dead, his face had been torn away, taking everything from inside, taking off his whistle, a siderod, and even a lamp iron. What we also noticed, was Terrence, talking to an engine on the turntable. Slowly, the engine turned around. His grubby red paintwork seemed to shine in this depressing time. The yellow number five on his tender gave it away, as James the Red Engine, was here. 

Donald and Thomas were astounded! And we tried to ask loads of inappropriate questions

Donald and Thomas were astounded! And we tried to ask loads of inappropriate questions. James seemed a little tense, but explained what had happened. James had been shunting at Knapford Harbour, with Harvey when the eclipse arrived. James had always been a little suspicious about the whole thing, and knew something was wrong when dock workmen and the trucks started screaming. He took off! Leaving Harvey alone. He took off and flew into the junction, where he bunked in the goods shed. Until Thomas arrived. James was thankful to see another survivor, and mentioned that he wanted to look for Henry, Gordon and Douglas.. Thanks. They set off, and were wanting to fill up on water, but when they stopped at Killdane, everything went sour. James realised his boiler had ran dry, and he begged Todd and Paul to help him, saying he didn't want to die. The two morons attempted to run, but it was no good. He knew if he went up here, Thomas was done for, so he told Thomas to find the others, Thomas refused, but James screamed at him to listen to him. Then, as Thomas legged it, he heard our whistle. James was about to shout for us to run, but he felt a quick, sharp pain. And then, everything went black. He gave us a serious look, and told us what had happened to Oliver. As James said, when he woke, Edward stood in front of him, tentacles coming from his smokebox.

 As James said, when he woke, Edward stood in front of him, tentacles coming from his smokebox

 He saw Olivers remains, and asked Edward what was going on. Once Edward noticed he was awake, the blue engine started talking at him. Talking about a grand plan. Saying how important James was to the safety of the destruction of the island of Sodor. James was horrified, and shouted back at Edward to let him go. Edward didn't listen, and told James to kill all of us when we all came looking for Oliver. James begged Edward to tell him what was wrong. Edward snickered, and told him he was just like BoCo. This, this isn't Edward. Edward smiled, and just left. James wasn't able to do anything, until a group of people Hunter claimed to be friends with arrived. And James was fired up. We examined James, his boiler had a seem line, but Jem Cole said it was secure, and not a hazard. We began to wonder how James was even here. Until Toby chirped up again, saying he knew the reason. And looked at Oliver's remains. There was a long silence, before Gordon smiled, and said those faithful words.

"You have your fathers eyes."

Duck lost it. He screamed at Gordon, saying it was his fault Oliver, Toad and Harvey were dead, breaking into full tears. He went on for a few minutes. And when he was done. James made a snarky comment about Duck's grin. Duck didn't say a word. And he stormed off. Racing up the line! 

Gordon looked upset, but Donald smiled, and told Gordon it wasn't his fault, and Oliver chose to come here, he chose to sacrifice himself

Gordon looked upset, but Donald smiled, and told Gordon it wasn't his fault, and Oliver chose to come here, he chose to sacrifice himself. This made Gordon feel a little better. He felt much better once we all started chatting. Thomas and Toby told us they were wanting to check up the line, Percy didn't want to go, but we gave him no choice, and the cavalcade set off not long ago. We've been sitting around, singing songs for a while. Now, we wait!

February 18th: 8:43pm:

There's a lot to unpack here, but I'll do my best! While eating our food, the branchline engines returned. However, they weren't alone. Behind them, was Spencer! Carrying Old Slow Coach behind him. Gordon was shocked to see his cousin, and we were just as shocked to see how banged up. Apparently, word of what happened here came to the other railway. The eclipse even reached Barrow. Spencer had been taken out to help with the evacuation of Barrow, and while resting, he decided to venture onto Sodor, and rushed to help. Once he crossed the bridge, he found that things were worse off here. As he was attacked at Vicarstown by Fergus. Who had been taken over by the eclipse. Just as he began to run, he noticed two unfamiliar engines, battling their way through the crowd of monstrous people. They looked filthy, but he could tell one was yellow, one was purple. 

Spencer managed to escape, only to have the same complications at Crovan's Gate

Spencer managed to escape, only to have the same complications at Crovan's Gate. But by Edward and BoCo. He ran down Rheneas, and hid at Kellsthorpe Road. Where he found Old Slow Coach. He claimed he saw Duck clatter past, heading for Crovan's Gate. Not too long later, the branchline engines arrived. And Spencer was able to be set free. We spoke to The Fat Controller, mostly about those two engines Spencer saw. The Fat Controller sighed. And explained he had bought on two new engines, and that he had planned to reveal them during the party. But that had never happened. The purple engine was a LNER J39, named Rodger. While the yellow one was a LNER D49 named Sedrick. So, this is new information to us. Spencer said they looked mostly unharmed, but a bit bloody on the front. So the eclipse hadn't gotten them.