Chapter 7. Distance

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⸻·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ♡ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙⸻

"I have my wallet." Yunho re-enters into the living space, stirring everyone to look back at him with little excitement. San in particular pays more attention to Wooyoung not being present rather than Yunho re-entering the space. "Are we ready to go?"

"Is Wooyoung coming?" San rises from the couch, looking behind Yunho for any sign of his friend, fully prepared to go and get his friend himself, but Yunho waves him off.

"Yes. Just give him a minute." San's brows furrow. Something isn't right.

He walks away from the beige couch, moving around his other friends' legs and further moving towards Yunho, but Yunho puts his hand down and holds San by his stomach, preventing him from walking past. San gives him a questionable look, but Yunho subtly shakes his head.

Something definitely wasn't right.

"He'll be out in a second." Yunho states again, almost trying to reassure San, but San was hardly convinced. He knew Wooyoung better than himself, and watching Wooyoung run after Yunho only a couple of minutes ago felt as weird as it looked.

"Is he okay?" Yunho nods wordlessly, but San can't help the feeling building in his chest.

What if it was about the kiss? What if he suddenly remembered everything and was freaking out? What if he didn't want to see me? What if–

"I'm here, San'ah." Wooyoung appears behind Yunho suddenly, and San feels instant relief swimming over his chest.

"You okay? San mutters in a tone that only Wooyoung and Yunho would hear, but all Wooyoung does is nod and offer a soft smile at his friend. It wasn't unusual for Wooyoung to be a bit more reserved, but something about this entire morning seemed weird.

"Let's get going," Yunho looks at his two friends having a quiet conversation and pushes them both towards the front door, listening to the rest of the group rise from the couch with muffled groans and whines. Wooyoung glances at San once more, eyes trailing his neck and chest before leaving and watching Yunho open the front door, practically forcing them out.

San walks towards his SUV and stops near the driver's door, watching Wooyoung walk around the front of the black car and stop at the passenger door (or to what he proclaimed was his seat and only his seat), waiting for San to unlock the doors. Seonghwa and Hongjoong eventually make their way over too, and Wooyoung hears the doors click unlocked. Wooyoung opens his door and settles inside, San and the other two not too far behind.

"Do you know where we're headed?" Wooyoung asks quietly, clicking his seatbelt on as he looks over to San briefly, but hr almost immediately looks away.