Chapter 9. First

There is light discussion about groping/sexual assault in this chapter along with non-explicit sexual content. Please avoid reading if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please avoid reading if these topics are sensitive to you

⸻·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ♡ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙⸻

The walk back is quiet. A storm lingers overhead, nearby thunder softly booming in the distance as it climbs closer. Wooyoung walked next to San towards their apartment complex, hands unsettled and mind tipsy. He was embarrassed at his behavior, the rash decision to kiss his best friend so freely, as if he had all the right in the world to do that.

By the look on San's face, it looked as if San hated what he did. Wooyoung hates himself now, more than he did after being fired from his shitty job, more than he did when he drank himself into oblivion at the beach house. He was confused, partially, always questioning why these feelings were becoming urges, and why the hell they were so damn strong?

He's been with San for a long time. Their friendship was unusual, yes, but nothing that would ever make him think this is how they'd end up. He didn't want to hurt San, but it felt so natural to kiss him again. God, Woo. Get your head out of the fucking gutter.

The trek into the apartment isn't much better. The silent journey up the stairs, down the hall and towards their apartment door, listening to the silence become a rain cloud that hung over them as San's jingling keys filled only a part of the quiet void.

"You're home–" Seonghwa, who was sitting on the couch with his Switch, announces lightly, raising a brow at San who walks directly past him and into his room. Wooyoung closes the door behind them, leaning into the door once it's fully closed. "What did you do?"

"Why are you automatically assuming it was me?"

Seonghwa's eyes narrow.

"Right. Well," Wooyoung scoffs. "I uh. . . I fucking kissed him! Is that what you wanted to know? Because now I feel like a jackass and my feelings are more confusing than they ever have been and I want to crawl in a hole and die."

Seonghwa's eyes widen, switch leaning forwards in his hands as he nearly drops it, mind completely stuck on the idea that his roommates kissed again. "What the hell is going on with the two of you?"

"I don't know, Hwa." Wooyoung's hands hide his face, rubbing his tired eyes with a muffled groan.

"I know you guys kissed two days ago." Seonghwa sets down his game, watching Wooyoung freeze with a rigid body. His heart dropped into his stomach. "San told me."

"Oh my god." Wooyoung could seriously cry at this point, but it was likely the alcohol tricking him into doing so.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm not judging either of you." Seonghwa stands quickly, pacing towards his friend who was sinking to the floor against the closed door. Seonghwa crouches down to meet his friend, hands on his wrists as he gently pulls his hands away.