Chapter 9; IDK Wut I Shall Name This Chapter Too, What Shall I Ever Do?

Tbh, I didn't know what I was going to write after this. So I just started typing random things.

Shinobu Kocho

"Tanjiro-San is looking better now, Shinobu-sama." Aoi said. I nodded.

"Thank you Aoi. I would like for you to continue to care for them. By the looks of it, they're stable and well."

I turned around and walked out of the butterfly estate. Kanao wanted some more plants in our garden, so the three girls decided to tend to some new ones we bought, hoping to surprise Kanao when she returned.

The news of the upper six had traveled fast. Everyone was celebrating. It was the weakest upper moon, but still an upper moon.

I saw Giyu walking towards me.

"Ara ara, Giyu. You came here early in the morning." I said, the name Giyu rolling off my tongue like sweet honey.

"Can't I come to visit my favorite hashira?" Giyu asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Turns out it was a perfect fantasy. Every day, before we would set off on missions, and spend all our time together.

Of course, we didn't tell our comrades, but I knew they already assumed that.

I held off my wisteria poisoning for a while, and started getting better.

But one day, something changed.

After finishing my refill of wisteria poison for my katana, Aoi rushed in.

"Help! Kanao's been injured!" Aoi screamed. I ran out, seeing Kanao's limp body.

"Get her in the medical ward!" I ordered. Kanao was in critical condition.

I stared at her broken body as we ran through tests. Tanjiro was all well again and had headed out to the swordsmith village, so Kanao replaced his usual place as an injured demon slayer. How iconic.

"Get her all medical attention!" I yelled. My voice cracked.

What if I lost Kanao too?

I couldn't let that happen.

***

I sat there, staring intensely at the cup of wisteria poison. I had locked my door. Taking the cup, I drank it. My tongue had the same symptoms of numbness and my headache returned. My skin paled quickly and I coughed, blood dripping out of my mouth.

Quickly cleaning it up, I looked at my reflection. I might have to cancel the date with Giyu tonight. Looking at this state, he would easily figure something out.

And then just be my only weakness.

I needed to do this. I needed to protect Kanao, Aoi, and the girls. Why had I slacked off?

I could still keep Giyu. Though it was selfish, I could love him to my death.

I would just have to keep this up.

***

"This...is the best Salmon Daikon shop here." Giyu said proudly. I nodded, looking at the shop. It was simple and pretty, with greenery lining the path. We entered the restaurant, and an old couple came instantly to greet us.

"Ah! Tomioka-San! Our daily visitor! You've brought a date this time? Don't tell me that Yuji's advice worked." The old lady said, gazing affectionately at the old man, who stood up.

"If that lady isn't your date, Tomioka, I swear, my life has been a complete lie and will be over. And my life ain't too dang far from death. Besides, Hikari, my advice worked on you, no?" He said.

"One, stop speaking of death like that! You're a perfectly healthy man! And two, perhaps in the old days! Children these days, so complicated. In the old days, we just said it and got it over with if we were rejected." Hikari interjected.

"I don't remember that happening. Anyway, don't let Tomioka-San wait no more, Hikari. Daily order?" Yuji asked.

"Yes. Ginger Tsukudani for Shinobu." Giyu said. I looked pleasingly at him. How did he know what I wanted?

Okay, personally, a walking red flag is if a someone tries to take over my order. I don't care if he knows my order, if we're in a drive through, and he orders for me, I'm done.

Sorry not sorry (hey, that's a song!) but yeah. Okay, back to the story.

"Okay, anything else?" Yuji asked. Giyu shook his head.

"Okay. We'll get your order as fast as possible, since you are a daily visitor." Yuji said.

After a few minutes, the food was here. Giyu was right. The food was heavenly. I inhaled almost all the food in an instant, and saw Giyu doing the same thing.

"I'll have to come visit every day!" I said, after finishing and thanking the old couple.

"Ah, just bring Tomioka-San along! He needs some social interactions in his life!" Hikari said. I nodded brightly.

"I didn't need that, Hikari-sama. Enough with the motherlyness. I think I'm too old for that." Giyu said irritatedly.

"No one is too old for that. Anyway, have a safe trip."

"Thank you!" We said and left the shop quickly. On the path, I drifted into my thoughts.

"I wonder what life would be like if I lived like them." I said.

"Nevertheless, I'm sure we would end up together. I would be your Yuji, and you'll be my Hikari." Giyu said. I smiled, fingers entwined as we walked away from the simple shop.

*** 

"Giyu? What if we don't make it out of this then?" I asked. I already knew I wasn't making it out of this alive.

"Then I'll be glad to have spent my time with you." Giyu answered, pulling me close. We watched the moon together. It was a blue moon, a rare sight.

"Really though. What would happen." I asked.

"I would kill myself." Giyu said simply. I turned to him in shock.

"You can't do that!"

"Why not? I would make sure I provide a good life for Tanjiro and Nezuko. They will need that. They do matter to me, but...if you died, it would be the last reason for me to live anymore." Giyu said. I shook my head angrily.

"You shouldn't do that!"

Really?" Giyu asked, looking at me straight in the eye. "And what would you do?"

"I would keeep your memory alive. I would help Tanjiro and Nezuko too, but I would guide them as long as I could. I would make sure no one forgot who you were." I said firmly.

It was all lies.

Because I wouldn't ever live long enough for this to happen.

***

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaw! Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Mission for Giyu Tomioka and Shinobu Kocho!" The crow cackled. I looked up into the sun, startled by the sudden sound.

"Shinobu, come on." Giyu was already behind me, ready. I nodded, grabbing my things and heading out.

I thought about the times the women flirted with Giyu.

It angered me so much.

"It'll be different this time. This time, I have Giyu." I said softly.

IT'S THE WEEKENDS! I AM TOO EXHAUSTED TO EVEN SPEAK. I'LL JUST LISTEN TO MUSCI AND DO NOTHING. IF YOU STILL READ WHATEVER CRAP CRAP FRAPPUCCINO I WRITE I REALLY ADMIRE YOUR PATIENCE.

I WILL WRITE ANOTHER SHINOGIYUU BOOK BC THATS THE ONLY THING I'M GOOD AT.

I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK ABOUT SCHOOL EVER AGAIN.

HOLY COW, HOW DID I MANAGE TO PUBLISH SO MUCH IN SO LITTLE TIME? I'M A GENIUS.