10. School.

Mick felt as though Mixelle was growing too fast, I know, I know, every parent says that... But it's true.

"You ready?" He yawned, holding his portable coffee cup in hand as his daughter walked down, she nodded her head, excited as ever.

He chuckled and held her hand, taking her to the car and buckling her up.
"Ready to rock?" He asked as he got in the drivers seat, "Hell yeah!" She cheered making him snicker, proud to have a mad hatter as a daughter.

He turned the ignition and began driving down the road, they were a 15 minute drive away and Mixelle was in the back bouncing in her booster seat, excitement clear on her face.

"It's changed a bit since I last went to school," Mick said as he remembered the phone call, a woman with a sickly sweet voice on the other side was ranting about how she would take good care of his little one.

"Daddy?" Mixelle asked, "Yeah princess?" He asked, glancing at her in the rear view mirror, "Do they still hit people? Like in Matilda?" She pouted, "No cupcake, that's been illegal for a while now," he chuckled softly, "How long?" She asked, "Mm, don't know, maybe the 80s or 90s," he hummed in thought, "Did you get hit much?" She asked, "Eh, I never really had an interest for school, but when I made someone angry, they'd get so worked up that by the time they whacked it against my hand it didn't hurt," he chuckled, "Daddy's a rebel," she murmured making him laugh, "Sure he is," he chuckled.

He parked in the parking bay, getting out and helping his daughter out of her seat and taking her to the office.

"Aww, first day!" An office lady cooed, gently squishing her little cheeks, she pouted slightly making her chuckle.

"Room B4, I'll show you," she smiled and took them down to her room, "This is your room for the whole year!" She smiled softly, Mixelle snuck behind Mick's leg making them chuckle, "She's shy," Mick said, "I see," she smiled.

"Anything she really into?" The lady smiled, "She loves music and drawing," Mick said, "That's great! She'll have plenty music and drawing opportunities here," she smiled softly.

"You ready to go?" Mick asked, Mixelle pouted and looked up at him.
"You've been so excited," he chuckled, "Don't leave," she pouted, "I have to," he said softly and picked her up, "Look, you get to draw and play instruments, okay?" He smiled, "I'll come pick you how in a few hours time, don't worry," he chuckled, "Mm, okay," she sighed.

"I'll get you ice cream after school, how's that?" He asked, "Yay! Icecream!" She squealed making them chuckle.

"Have a good day hon," he said and put her down, "Okay... Bye bye daddy," she said, "Bye pumpkin," he smiled, waving as she went to class.

He went home and couldn't help but chuckle at how adorable that was.

------

She sat in class, reading a small book and drawing at the same time.
"What ya drawing sweetie?" An assistant asked and sat by her side, "I'm drawing daddy," she said, "Yeah? Daddy your favourite?" She smiled, "Uh huh!" Mixelle giggled.

"That's nice," She chuckled and watched Mixelle draw the top hat, "Looks like Slash," She chuckled, "No, my daddy is Micky," she giggled, "Mick..." The lady hummed, thinking of musicians, "Mick Mars!" Mixelle said, "No way! I saw them in show before you were even born!" She gasped, "Daddy's old," Mixelle said making her laugh, "Nasty!" She chuckled making her giggle.

"Daddy teaches me guitar, and he said that if I'm extra good this year he might get me my dream guitar," Mixelle said, "Ohhh, what's your dream guitar?" She smiled, "A les Paul! I need one!" She squealed with excitement, "Ugh, nice one! My boyfriend has a Les Paul," She chuckled, "Ew, kissing is yucky," Mixelle frowned making her chuckle, "It is isn't it?" The lady smiled and watched her write the date at the top of the paper.

"That's nice," The lady said, "When do we got music?" Mixelle asked, "Two minutes," she said checking her watch.

Just than a man walked in, holding a few pamphlets in his hands.
"There he is!" She smile, "Yay!" Mixelle cheered.

They sat down and he handed the booklets out.
"Who here knows how to play an instrument already?" He asked, Mixelle shot her arm up, "Yeah? What do you play?" He smiled, "Guitar!" She said, "Really? That's awesome!" He smiled, handing her a sticker making her giggle.

The day went on and finally, it was time for the sleepy girl to go home.
"Hey, how was your first day?" Mick smiled, "Good," she yawned and rubbed her tired eyes, "Good? What did you do?" He asked as they held hands, "Draw, read and we got to play music at the end," she told him, "That's nice baby," he smiled and put her in her seat, buckling her in and chuckling as she fell asleep almost instantly.

As they got home, he smiled as she was reeneegized, telling him about her day.