Chapter 18 PART B ~ Help

~ SARAHS POV ~

“Sarah wait..” Beau sighed

No I said just let it go.. Only a few more weeks, just let me handle this ok”I refused to be a push over, it was my choice to stay, and my choice only..

I left the room before Beau could reply. Luke must have went out, because he wasn’t in the house. I wasn’t bothered, he needed space after what just happened. I walked to the bathroom holding the back of my head in pain, I undressed and stepped into the shower.

I looked at my hands covered in blood from my head, what was I thinking, why would my life be normal, what would my mum think? If she even wanted to know me?

——-

~ JAIS POV ~

“There you are!” Sarah called

“You ok?”I asked

“Yeah.” she paused “I’m fine, are you?”

“Yeah. I mean I’m used to it, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt anymore?”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought you into my problem in the first place”

“No I’m sorry, I shouldn’t brought Beau into it then he wouldn’t have confronted Luke and you wouldn’t have gotten hurt”

“I don’t care that I got hurt, I just didn’t want you to get hurt…again” she took my hand sympathetically, I hesitated and pulled away.

“Yeah but.. You shouldn’t have tried defending me and getting in his way. It’s my fault you got hurt today, you should really stay away from me, trouble usually follows wherever I go..”

“Jai, I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t here”

“But I can’t help but blame myself”

“Thats why I called someone who can help you?”

“I dont think thats possible”

“Just come with me”

Sarah led me to a nearby park, and told me to keep my eyes closed. After she guided the way, she told me I could open my eyes..

Oh my god..” I was so surprised to see her

My best friend, Paige.. 

We hugged, I could the butterflies in my stomach.. To be honest my best friend being here, was certainly what I needed.

“I-I cant believe you’re here! Sarah you did this?”

“Yes, I knew you needed it. And well yous have been apart for so long”

“Thank you, honestly” I smiled

“Well, I’ll leave yous to it”

~ SARAHS POV ~

I walked into the kitchen feeling proud of myself for making Jai happy. I could feel things turning around with him, just wish him and Lucy could figure out whatever was bothering them?

“Hey?” I heard Emily call

“Hey.. Haven’t seen you in a few days?” I replied

“Yeah, i’ve just been thinking some things through….. Whats that?” She looked at me confused.

I was leaning over the kitchen bench on my elbows and my jumper was revealing my wrists. I almost asked her what she was talking about when I noticed bad bruises from last night when Luke tightly had hold of my wrists? I didn’t think it’d bruise that bad?

“Uh nothing, I didn’t even notice. I must have knocked it or something” I lied

“That doesn’t look like nothing! What happened?”

“I told you, nothing”I said seriously 

“Sarah.. I heard yelling from your room earlier?”

“I said just leave it alone!”

“Ok ok! Just let me know when you want to tell me what really happened! I’ll be with Johanna and Lucy“ She walked off

Do I tell her thetruth?

I walked outside, it was dark now. I collapsed against the wall in relief.

“You lied to her”

I flinched in shock, I didn’t think there was anyone else with me.. It was Luke, laying in the sand just metres away..

“What?” 

“You lied to Emily….Why?” He sat up

“What so you expect me to tell her what really happened?”

“Yep, so you can get me arrested or get away from me? You know deep down she already knows the truth, but hasnt figured it out yet”

“Why would I want to get you arrested?” I asked sitting down in front of Luke

“Because I’ve hurt you again and again” 

“No Luke its not your fault”

“Yes it is, I tried so hard to keep this side of me a secret” He shed a few tears

“Well what am I supposed to do? Just let you throw your life away?”

“Yes, I can’t stand the thought of you walking around and hating me”

“I don’t hate you, I’m just confused”

“You seemed to hate me earlier”

“I was just shocked”

“I’m so sorry, it all happened so fast”

“Listen.. Somewhere along the way, you decided I was worth saving.. What happened to that Luke I know?”

“I guess that part of me went off the pier when you did?”

“Do you reckon the caring, sweet, ‘put everything before himself’ Luke will come back with me when we leave?”

“I never said I didn’t care for you anymore, I’d save you in a heartbeat.  I love you”

“I..I love you too”

- 2 DAYS LATER -

~ CARAS POV ~

Over the last few days, me and Sarah had become quite good friends. We understood each other and she was just so easy to talk to. I like James, I guess you could say we were dating? I agreed to get to know the boys and their girlfriends and girl ‘friends’, I just felt like out of the girls Sarah was the only one I bonded with mostly, and plus I was so confused with everyones relationships with each other, they were all so open about their lives. Sarah wasn’t so open, but it didn’t really bother me, I just always got a feeling she was hiding something or afraid of something or someone.

Well hey, we all have something to hide..