CHAPTER 15

CHRISELLI POV

My eyes shot wide open as the situation of the room changed fast, when Mathias appeared in the room. He was pissed off seeing Carrick and I on the ground. Not sure how much was witnessed by him but from the look on his face, shows he may of seen our little encounter. We didn't kiss but it sure was close. A slight tug in my heart of guilt, feeling bad that my feelings seem to be leaning more towards Carrick. But my wolf and heart yearns for Mathias, aside from him being angry right now. There is pain clearly in his eyes. This is a hard decision to deal with and I'm just not ready to commit. I just want to date and my decision of what I want seems to be developing already in my mind. It doesn't look good for Mathias.

There was no more time to think though,  Mathias had cleared the forty foot distance from the door to the mats as he shifted in wolf form mid air, heading straight for Carrick. The amount of testosterone this man pumped in fury, to abruptly attack someone, pissed my wolf off.

The fates may have matched us together but they are sorely mistaken if they think I will be one, to just submit. My body growled with fury, as my human form disappeared, switching to my beautiful white wolf. A ferocious growl reverberated in my chest as I attacked Mathias to the ground just before he even touched Carrick.

I had him pinned to the ground, his eyes clearly in shock at the turn of events that just played. My wolf chuckled he was not happy which made my wolf happy. Despite the warm shocking sensation that we generated as we touched. He was still growling underneath me as he struggled to get out of my hold but it was no use. Perks of being a royal, made you stronger than the average werewolf.

He finally resigned as he calmed himself down. I can feel him shift back in human form, in which that allowed him to slip from my hold. Stepping off of him, I quickly shifted back in human form just as he stood up.

His somber form in front of me, his shoulders hunched forward and he just stared at the ground. His body shook, I can see him fighting his emotions. I'm not sure if it's anger or frustration or maybe, hate. He turned to face me, capturing my attention and a clear look of pain showed in his face. He choked on his words as he started to speak.

"I don't understand, when mates find each other, the attraction is instantaneous. The bond is immediately accepted by both, dissolving any attraction they may feel for someone else. I knew when I met you,  right away that you were my mate.  My heart hurts that this is not the case with us, there is a feeling that your rejecting me. I need to know if this is the case, losing my mate is something I never thought would happen. I think your beautiful and from what I've heard a good heart and I need you to give me that chance, Chriselli," he explained with sincere honesty.

It had just been a day and I had this effect on a man but not just any man, my mate. I want to give him a chance but his first impression soured my mood. Carrick is great company to be around, not to mention the attraction to him but is it just physical. As for this large warrior that just opened up apart of him, I feel awful that he thinks I am rejecting him. Maybe I am but I know I shouldn't.  I did threaten him but that was to make him know he was approaching me wrong, not actually do it. I was so lost in thought that my focus was still on Mathias. I didn't realize he was still waiting for an answer. My heart was not ready for this and now I have to make make a decision.

"I would like to get to know you. I am not rejecting you but if you keep acting this way. Mates or not, you will not treat me like I am one of the women you were used to before finding me. I will try and work something out. Is that clear, Mathias," I declared.

Somewhere during our conversation Carrick managed to leave, probably not wanting to deal with Mathias and his temper. Shifting back my focused and my attention back to him, I noticed that we are both still naked. If anyone happened to walk in right now. I really did not want to explain how this situation looks or even be a topic of the town gossip.