Ŧ๏υя

IT takes a few weeks, but eventually you’ve gotten good at using the Shooting Star. Balancing while flying, grabbing on and holding when it swoops down to quickly pull you away from something, aiming the repulsor blasters, and staying on after it delivers large blasts that shake the whole Shooting Star. There haven’t been any fights since your first one, which has given you a lot of time to practice.

But it’s also made you realize you have a lot of free time on your hands. And apparently Tony realized it too, since he’s starting looking at schools near the Avengers tower.

You used to do homeschooling with Pepper, but you stopped a year ago. There wasn’t any need to go to school if you were smarter than your teacher. And you told that to Tony when you first spotted him looking at schools on his computer.

“I’m not sending you to learn. I know you’re smart enough to go to college," he had said.

"Then what’s the point?”

“Your only friends are two goth assassins, the real-life Uncle Sam, a Norse god, a man with terrible anger management, and your dad. It’s time you made some friends your own age.”

You raised an eyebrow. “...Or I could just get a dog.”

“What do you have against going to school? You wanted to when you were little.”

“I don’t need or want to waste my time on relearning basic 9th grade math. And I’m not eight anymore. You should’ve sent me when I actually wanted to go.”

Tony had smiled sadly. “You hadn’t even lived with me for three years. The paparazzi can be a lot to handle, and you weren’t ready to be out in public without me, Pepper, or Happy.”

“So you haven’t trusted me in public without you until now?”

Tony sighed. “No, I think you’ve been ready for a few years now. You matured very quickly. But, hey, I wanted to protect my daughter.”

Though the two of you hadn’t exactly been arguing, the conversation still made you uncomfortable. You ended it shortly after that, and although neither of you have brought up going to school since, you suspect Tony is still looking at schools.

★★★★★

“Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities blasts through your speaker as you look at the parts on the lab table in front of you, trying to figure out how they fit together.

"Come on Lexi,” Clint says anxiously. “You said you could fix the TV before Stark gets back.”

You glare up at him. “I didn’t say how soon before. Let me think.” You pick up a broken piece of circuit board. “How did you even break it in the first place?”

“I’d like to see how you react when Natasha sneaks up on you unexpectedly,” Clint grumbles. “At least I didn’t ask you to help me clean up the gallon of Diet Coke.”

“The what.” you say, deadpan.

“Nat can be very scary, alright?” he replies indignantly.

You shake your head and laugh as you grab a wire and try to reattach it to the largest piece of circuit board. It shocks you, and you yelp and jump back a little, surprised.