丅𝔀𝓔︎𝓷𝐓︎ⓨ︎-Ŧ๏υя︎

HULK roars. The robots charge, and you all begin to fight them off. There’s so much chaos happening around you as everyone blasts, shoots, punches, chokes, kicks, tasers, smashes, webs, and destroys the robots. As much as you want to watch everyone else fight, you know you have to, like Tony said, work for a living.

You jump onto the Shooting Star, spinning around as you pull the trigger on your guns over and over, shooting every robot within range of them. When you’re sufficiently dizzy, you slow the Shooting Star’s spinning to a stop, and begin to make use of the blasters. With AVIS’s impeccable aim, the blasts hit the heart of each robot — or, where their heart would be if they had one.

You’re not sure how long you spend blasting them — it could be ten seconds or ten years. But after a certain point, when you turn to aim at the next bot, it doesn’t come. AVIS carries you over to a spot a short distance away from the church.

“What are you doing? Get me back in there.”

“Miss Stark, before you go, may I suggest an alternative plan of attack?”

“Suggest away.”

“Well, if you were to cap the blasters on the Shooting Star, then fly above the church and use them–”

“It would reverse the effects of the energy and destroy the Shooting Star,” you say slowly. “AVIS, I’m not doing that!”

“But the explosion would be large enough to take out dozens of robots–”

“I don’t care! C’mon, A, the Shooting Star is the one thing that makes me special! On a team with a legendary super soldier, two Enhanced twins, a monster with indestructible skin, and a literal god, it’s hard to stand out. The Shooting Star is the only thing that helps me do that.”

“Except it’s not. Mr. Stark didn’t recruit you to the team because he thought you’d be good at flying around on a device he built. He recruited you because he knew you would be a strong, powerful fighter. And you’ve become just that. You don’t need the Shooting Star to be special. You don’t even need any weapons. I’ve seen your hand-to-hand combat.”

“It’s not nearly as good as Natasha’s or Clint’s. They’re good at hand-to-hand, I’m good at the Shooting Star. And even then, I have you to help me. Without it–”

“You’re still you,” AVIS interrupts. “That night at the party, you didn’t have the Shooting Star with you.”

“Yeah, and I got captured by robots.”

“Only because you were so focused on protecting Mr. Stark and Mr. Rhodes. But before that, you punched a robot directly in its only weak spot after just three seconds of aiming. And you destroyed it all by yourself.”

“So? The other Avengers destroyed way more robots than I did.”

“Do what you want, Miss Stark,” AVIS relents. “But I do not believe Mr. Stark would build the Shooting Star so it could be destroyed by its own repulsor blasters if he didn’t think you would use that to your advantage.”

You sigh, knowing deep down she’s right. “Okay. Fine. Let’s– let’s cap the blasters.”

There’s an abandoned shop right next to where AVIS parked, and you select two bricks that fell from the building’s structure. You fly back over to the church and shove one brick into each blaster.

“I– I have a way… to get rid of the rest of the robots,” you say into comms. “But it, um, it’ll cause a lot of damage, so just be ready to get out of the way.”