café

Levi,

So when should we meet up?

God I've never done this before, what's a normal place to meet up? The library? No, that feels like it would be way too quiet if he was tutoring. My place? No definitely not, that's too intimate for a tutor. Maybe I should just offer the café, it's not too loud and we're both familiar with it, yeah I'll tell him the café.

I'm thinking the café? If you have any other place in mind that's fine too.

Levi,

That works for me, meet me at 12.

It's now Monday and I spent the whole weekend worrying about if I should text him first or not, however he seems to have solved that problem for me. Why is he even doing all this? Surely this is a lot of effort on his behalf no?

-

I head to the café so that I arrive at 11:50 to give myself 10 minutes to order a drink and sort all my paper work out, I don't even know what we're going to work on so I just brought most of it.

As I walk in I see Hange isn't working today, that's slightly putting me on edge because she's usually good at breaking any awkwardness or calming my nerves.

When I get nervous or my anxiety kicks in, I usually order chamomile tea, even just the warmth of it on chilly November mornings is enough for any tea to be honest. However, chamomile with a teaspoon of honey has always been a favourite, Hange used to have one ready every day until I started to switch it up recently.

I order my drink and get seated where is usually do, it's big enough for two people and it's right next to a window so I can pretend to look out of it I get too nervous. God why am I even nervous? this man has dragged me down a street twice the last few weeks I shouldn't be nervous at all.

The café isn't too busy today either, to be honest I don't think this café is ever too busy, that's why I like it. There's a couple people with laptops and some solo tables, and a couple sitting by another window, but that's about it.

Like a robot, Levi walks in to the café at 12 on the dot. I watch him order his drink and then make his way over to me. He's wearing all black and almost looks like he's attending a funeral.

"You're one for punctuality." He says as he rests his drink on the table and sits down opposite me.

"It's called anxiety" i jab back at him.

"You're nervous?" He looks at me with his usual sleepy, cold eyes.

"I don't think there's ever a time where I'm not nervous"

"Ah, typical anxiety" He says while taking off his jacket.

I can definitely tell, even when he's wearing a fully black, long sleeved shirt, that he keeps his body in shape.

"Yeah, I've never been diagnosed or anything but recent events haven't helped with it either." I look down slightly.

He just nods and starts looking at all of the paper and textbooks I brought in.

"So what part are you stuck on?" He says as he reaches out for the paper next to me.

We spend the next hour or so, or mostly I, catching up with all of my missed work. He likes making me figure out an answer if I don't know it or giving me information to help, he never just gives me an answer straight up. I like this though, it means I might actually remember it more.

He gets up to order another drink. "Want anything?"

"Yeah if you're offering, chamomile tea with a teaspoon of honey, how much do you need?"