Chapter 10. Conflicts & Vanishings

The Father had taken his leave, intent upon caring for Daughter's injuries. His last words were to keep the dagger from him. Then he and his Son left.

The Jedi moved back to their rooms. Ahsoka was still cold and needed a change of clothes. When she came out, she reluctantly spoke of the terrifying experience.

"It was just so dark, she came out of nowhere. Poor Daughter..." Ahsoka shuddered. "I've never felt anything so evil. It's no wonder they're scared of Abeloth."

"It's okay now." Anakin assured, placing a hand over her shoulder.

"Is it?" Ahsoka asked. "Do you actually believe that? She's not Grievous or Ventress. She's not something you can just stab to death if you please."

"I know-" Anakin began.

"No you don't." Ahsoka snapped. She turned her attention to Obi-Wan. "Do you think there's a chance our ship is still out there?"

Obi-Wan thinned his lips, looking out the window. "I would not count on it." Obi-Wan admitted. "If it hasn't fallen off the cliff it's surely been destroyed by debris."

Ahsoka sighed in defeat. "At least that thing can't get off the planet." She muttered.

"But Abeloth could reach out to someone." Luke spoke up. His four companions turned to him. Luke pushed away from the doorframe and nodded towards the window. "Obi-Wan said you were brought here because of a distress signal. We can assume that was the Father's doing. Is it that far a reach to assume Abeloth can't do the same thing to other Jedi or anyone close enough for that matter?"

His words seemed to stir a renewed sense of fear towards the dark entity. Anakin stood up and glanced at Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. "That raises a question though..." he turned to Luke. "What brought you and Ben here?"

Luke frowned, shaking his head in confusion.

"The Father said you brought Abeloth here." Anakin pointed out. "Daughter said they suspected you were her ally."

"If you are implying that I am working with Abeloth," Luke grimaced, "You are sorely mistaken. Have you forgotten what she put me through?"

Anakin shrugged. "A distraction. You had plenty of time to talk to her before Daughter and I got you out."

Luke tried desperately to hang on to his patience. "You're looking for someone to blame." He observed. "Ahsoka was put in danger, almost killed and you want to justify lashing out."

"Anakin," Obi-Wan interjected. "Luke has done nothing to garner our suspicion."

Anakin glanced towards Obi-Wan but did not look convinced. "Maybe not yet. But don't you find it even a little suspicious they don't remember how they got here?"

Luke scoffed. "Now you're reaching." He turned to leave, not intent upon hearing Anakin's accusations.

But it seemed Anakin was not done with him. Anakin suddenly lunged his arm out to grab Luke. Luke has had enough aggressive handling done to him for one trip, so whether Anakin was only trying to stop him or not, Luke responded in the one way his instincts would let him. Raising one arm he swung it against Anakin's wrist, affectively swatting it away. Luke abruptly followed with a swift punch between Anakin's eyes. Anakin stumbled back, face twisted up furiously. But before he could retaliate Obi-Wan grabbed Anakin. Ben had jumped up and put himself between his father and grandfather.

"Anakin! Stop it!" Obi-Wan snapped, pushing Anakin towards the window. He then gave Luke a glare. "Luke, calm yourself!"

Anakin turned away angrily.