drunk apologies

hey guys!! this story was requested by the user @joonvrsq !

for clarification, this will include drinking (not matt)! if this makes you uncomfortable, then pls don't read this or i can take this down if it pushes any boundaries! just let me know :)

hope you all enjoy!!!! love yall!

---------------------------------------------------------

You were fuming. Your nails were digging into your palms as you clenched your fists, but you were too angry to care. Your eyes were dead set on one thing and one thing only: Matt.

His gaze was setting fire straight back at your's. His jaw was clenched as he stared at you, his breath wavering in frustration.

Of course, this wasn't your first argument. A healthy relationship is going to have fights here and there, but this one wasn't going the way they normally did. Most of your fights lasted a few minutes, followed by you two communicating and apologizing. However, the last thing you wanted to do right now was communicate with him, and you had been arguing for the past half hour.

The anger was growing between the both of you, causing meaningless insults to be shot at one another. This was only fuming the flames.

"I'm so tired of you! You're so- I don't know, you're just so suffocating!" Your voice raised at the end of your sentence and you waved your hands in the air as you spoke, losing your cool.

"Suffocating? How have I been suffocating at all this whole time? I've let you state your points, explain them, try to debunk my own points, and I listened to every word you said! What about that is suffocating?!" Matt's voice started to increase in volume as well. You watched as his demeanor got more defensive, his mad expression only making you angrier.

"You're just talking to me like I'm stupid! Ugh- I just-" You inhaled deeply as the irritation bubbled in your chest and made you think of irrational things to spit back at him. "I wish you weren't here! Just leave me alone already! Jeez!" You only realized what you said after the words had already left your mouth. Your breath hitched and you watched Matt's face cautiously, unsure of how he might react.

Your gut twisted with guilt when you noticed a change in his eyes. It wasn't anger, but sadness. You hurt him. He closed his mouth and stared at you, his expression firm. You watched as he looked around, desperately trying to think of something to say to your unexpected words.

"Whatever." He mumbled as he turned around, grabbing his keys off the counter and heading for your door. You sharply inhaled and followed him.

"Matt, wait, let's talk all of this out, okay?" You spoke quickly, picking at the skin around your fingernails nervously.

"No, it's fine, I'll just go. Clearly that's what you want. You want me to leave. You don't want me here. Yeah?" He rambled as he stomped his shoes on next to the door, aggressively pulling his jacket off the hook after.

"Matt-" You sighed, running a hand through your hair. You watched him as he shoved his jacket on and swung the door open.

"It's okay. I'll take care of it. I'll leave." He avoided eye contact as he spoke, adjusting his sleeve. He made sure not to look at you as he walked out, shutting the door behind him.

You stared at the door as you heard a car engine start, then drive out of the parking lot and away from your apartment.

You knew you had hit a sensitive spot with Matt. He'd always been insecure about being a nuisance to people, like he was annoying to have around. You had never felt irritated by his presence before, so you were mentally kicking yourself for saying such a stupid thing.