friends don't know the way you taste

okay ik this title is risky HAHAHA but i pinky promise its not too weird!!! its just got making out in it :) if u want me to take it down, lmk!! i dont want anyone to feel uncomfy!! love you guys

anyways i hope yall enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------

You were never the type of person to openly express your feelings about someone. When your friends gushed about their crushes in middle school, you stayed quiet. You never felt the need to let others know which boy you liked, who you hung out with over the weekend, who's number you had saved, any of it. It just wasn't something you felt joy in sharing.

In fact, it made you more anxious than anything. You could never point out what made you so uncomfortable with it, but you just assumed it was normal and ignored it. You weren't going to force yourself to tell people these things simply because everyone else was.

This mindset bled into relationships, which meant you never announced your first boyfriend. People eventually figured out, though, because he went around and told everyone. Of course, you couldn't be angry, you knew this was going to happen. It seemed to be in peoples' nature to want to tell the closest person about their love life. However, this wasn't the only disagreement you two had, and the relationship didn't last long.

After a few more significant others left because of your distaste for PDA, you began to assume that you were the only person like this. You felt as if you were the only person that didn't want to spew all of your romantic experiences into everyones' ears.

That was until you got closer with your best friend, Matt.

He was the same exact way. In fact, you two were so similar in this aspect that neither of you told each other about your undying feelings for one another for years. He had finally mustered up the courage on a cold December night, your favorite time of the year. You two were on a walk in the dark, bundled up in thick coats and knitted sweaters. He couldn't help but feel his heart strings being plucked as he watched you adjust your gloves and pat your rosy cheeks to keep them warm from the winter air. He knew that you were something he couldn't stand living without, so he asked you out underneath a street lamp at midnight. You practically yelled the word yes and you both hugged each other tighter than ever, swaying as snow started to fall from above.

Now, a year into the relationship, you both were on the same page and still hadn't gone public about it. Public was a broad term, though, because his own brothers didn't even know. At least, that's what you thought.

It was a chilly evening and you were lounging at the triplets' house, engulfed in a blanket on their couch. Matt sat beside you, his hand resting underneath the fabric and slowly grazing up and down your thigh. The rest of him, however, remained at a friendly distance because Nick and Chris sat a few feet away from you on the same couch.

The day was going normally, both you and Matt acting as if nothing was going on between you and eagerly waiting for the end of the day where you could hole up in his room and exist with only each other. Of course, there were hints that got thrown around every now and then, just for the fun of it. For example, Matt relentlessly used pick up lines on you with every chance he got. It always got you flustered, earning a prideful smile from him as you uncontrollably blushed and giggled. Chris and Nick usually let it slide, assuming it was just an inside joke between you two. However, Matt's lines were a little too frequent today, earning suspicious looks from the boys, their eyes trained on you as if they were hawks.

You didn't seem to notice the stares, though, because it was nearing the end of the day and there was only one thing on your mind: being alone with Matt.