Eyes without a face

Time skip to next day

Me, Ellie, bill, gustav and georg have been sitting in the hospital waiting room since last night.

I'm not showing it but I'm drop dead worried about Tom. I'm not saying what he did in the past was ok but I'm willing to forgive him.

He did sacrifice his life for mine.

I kept reliving the images of Tom bleeding out. How dead his faces looked.

I wish I was the one who got hurt instead of him.

The nurses and doctors haven't said much about Tom except his surgery was successful.

Just when I thought this day couldn't get worse Sasha comes stomping into the hospital.

Sasha: What happened?!?!

She said about to cry.

Bill got up and caught her up on everything. Her glare immediately went to me.

She stayed quiet sitting down next to bill quietly hating me.

An hour passed and the doctor came to us telling us that Tom was awake.

We all got up and went to his room.

Sasha pushed her way through everyone and was right next to Tom. Bill was on the other side while the rest of them were at the edge of the bed.

I was standing next to the door not knowing what to say, I was just glad he was ok.

I still felt bad that he was the one hurt when it was supposed to be me.

Tom: Where is Mia?

He questioned after Sasha was done smothering him in kisses.

Mia: I'm right here.

I said looking at him.

His expression changed, it was more soft now.

Tom: Is your wounds ok?
He worriedly asked

Mia: Yeah, I just needed a few stitches.

I said giving him a slight smile.

Tom: I'm really sorry he did that to you, I promise you that I will find him Mia.

Sasha: Haven't you done enough for her Tom?!?!

She scoffed.

Sasha: I mean you literally took a bullet in the chest for her. She was the one who was supposed to be in that bed, not you.

She then looked at me.

Sasha: Why can't you realize that you being in Tokyo, you being near him will only get him hurt who knows maybe next time he will die because of protecting your ass!

Tom: Sasha don't start this shit now.

Sasha: I'm just saying the facts. Mia you are the problem, not Oni, not other gang leaders, you.

Her words hurt.

I looked down at the ground fidgeting with my fingers.

Ellie growled.

Ellie: Look you stupid bitch just because your man is hurt doesn't mean you can be mean to my best friend, I have been trying not to beat your ass but as of right now I will so keep that mouth closed.

Silence filled the room.

I started overthinking. Sasha was right, Tom got hurt because of me. I'm the problem.

I know what I need to do now, even though it definitely is gonna make them sad.

Mia: I'm gonna go get a drink.

I said opening the door leaving the room.

I took the elevator taking me to the first floor of the hospital.

I walked out and started walking to the exit.

I turned around taking my last look of the hospital then started walking away.

I waved my hand catching a taxi.

??: Where to?
The taxi guy said.

Mia: Moon street.

I said getting in the car putting my seatbelt on.

He nodded and started to driving.

Soon enough I was in front of the apartment complex.

I walked in and went to my house.

I moved the mat picking up another key to the door.

It unlocked.

I'm surprised they haven't thrown my stuff away.

I went into my room packing everything I needed.

I grabbed my debit card some cash and my clothes.

I took another taxi to the airport.

I bought a ticket to La.

As I was waiting for my plane to leave I was thinking about everyone.

I wondered how worried they are right now having no contact with me because I didn't have a phone for them to text or call me.

I hope me doing this will make all of them safe.

I rested my head and took a nap.

2 Years later...